Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DSi games! Help added another question

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:23 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have bought my daughter the DSi for her birthday and she loves it but we cant find any games that are on her level that she dont have to read to alot on each of the games she has. we have Mario carts and she loves it but it get borring after awhile. :) So can you give me any good ideas for games for her?

The touch screen doesnt seem to work that well. we bought the game in mid July and gave it to her the end of July. But it seems like since we put the screen protectors on it it does not seem to work all the time. We bought it from Wal-mart.com so how do I take care of the problem is this a common problem? And could the screen protectors be causing the problem??

bouncing momLife can only get better when you are happy! Only you know what makes you happy so take charge of your life and your family!

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy492006
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:26 PM

How old is she? my daughte ris 4 and has hannah montana......a puppy dog one......and some safari one

chiquis
by Diamond Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:28 PM
Oh idk sorry. My daughter is 9 so getting her games is easy. My fav game is professor layton lol.

How about super mario bros it has a ton of mini games too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuzieQ8204
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:29 PM

she is six sorry I thought I added that. :) she has this pet one that you have to take care of the pets but she acts like it is a little to advanced for her. I dont know if that is it or if she just dont care for the game itself. and then she has Phenios and Ferb and to get throgh the first level you have to read and then it wont let you save multiple games it lets you save one at a time and when you save a new game it over rides the last one and she is always starting over on it and has to go through the reading again.

mrcameronsmom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:30 PM

my son is 4 and he has all the mario games and he has go diego he has an army game (although i doubt girls would really be into that) he has sonic racing ... we almost got him the backyardingans but didnt. i think maybe the sonic games might be good too cuz basically they are the same as Mario .. they have one called barlum and bailey circus i think its on a level where they dont have to read.. some of the games are rated 2K and those are the games that are more on level for kids who are just learning the DS and cant read.. Hope this helps! I was in the same boat and still am.. i think its basically jsut a lot of trial and error. I think his next game will be pokemon. Although i think there can be a lot of reading to it, its also a lot of repitition in that he would get the basic idea on what to do, because i know my brothers at the age of 3-4 were playing pokemon and they couldnt read either..

SuzieQ8204
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Thank you so much for your help. :) I think he just got her a barbie horse game the guy at game stop recommended it.

another problem, we are having a hard time with the touch screen, is this normal? I bought it off walmart.com and had it about a week or two before we actually gave it to her and that was the first time it was opened. and sometimes the touch screen worrks and sometimes it dont. It was working fine before we put the screen protectors on it. could this be the cause of it? I hate to take the protectors off but it seemed to work better with out them.

mommas3cubs
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Lego Harry potter? My sons have that one and they Love it.

chiquis
by Diamond Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:50 PM
I think it could be the screen protector. I bought a dsi at walmart too. We had a problem with it and just took it back to them and they changed it for another. I don't use the screen things on ours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuzieQ8204
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Quoting chiquis:

I think it could be the screen protector. I bought a dsi at walmart too. We had a problem with it and just took it back to them and they changed it for another. I don't use the screen things on ours.

I hate to take them off because I hate not to have them protecting the screen. lol But I will try to take it off and see what happens, will the walmart in our town take it back or trade it even if I bought it off line?

chiquis
by Diamond Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:54 PM
Yup I got ours online pre ordered when it came out. Print your order if you still have it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuzieQ8204
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Quoting chiquis:

Yup I got ours online pre ordered when it came out. Print your order if you still have it.

I know it was sent to my email when I ordered it and I think we got a copy when we got it in the mail. but I am not sure if I still have it.I jjust looked  on the history on walmart.com and could get the refund recepit. Thank you so much. :)

bouncing momLife can only get better when you are happy! Only you know what makes you happy so take charge of your life and your family!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)