Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEZ HELP (CAMERAS)

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:23 PM
  • 20 Replies

Ive been wanting to geta  digital SLR (i think it is) digital camera. and iam wondering if any of you have one and if you know of any good ones.  i know nothing.  i want a good camera that like i can take awesome pics, i kinda wanna do diff things like how some pics the backgournd is blurry or diff things like that. anyone know of any good ones.  limit is around 500?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zebbyzebby06
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Nikon D3000 Black DSLR Camera Kit w/ 18-55mm Lens (Non VR), includes Nikon Camera Bag, 2GB Memory Card and Nikon 'Guide to Digital SLR Photography' Book
here is one iam thinking of getting from walmart (and link below)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nikon-10.2-MP-D3000-Kit-WM/13013045

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:57 PM

This is a FANTASTIC camera. It's the one my husband wants desperately, too. He does digital photography at work, but if he had his own camera like this, he could also do some freelancing on the side. I'm hoping maybe for Christmas I can get it for him. :)

Quoting zebbyzebby06:

Nikon D3000 Black DSLR Camera Kit w/ 18-55mm Lens (Non VR), includes Nikon Camera Bag, 2GB Memory Card and Nikon 'Guide to Digital SLR Photography' Book

zebbyzebby06
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:57 PM

thats great to know thanks.  can it do diff things on it.  if you know what i mean, i cant explain lol my dad did photography, but he didnt really say much when i asked him to help. he said just use my reg digital. (hes not big on money spending and such lol) even thogh iam married and all haha

Quoting bamababe1975:

This is a FANTASTIC camera. It's the one my husband wants desperately, too. He does digital photography at work, but if he had his own camera like this, he could also do some freelancing on the side. I'm hoping maybe for Christmas I can get it for him. :)

Quoting zebbyzebby06:

supermama322
by Made in Canada on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:00 PM

I have a Sony CyberShot DSC-H20. It performs like an SLR but is a simple point and shoot. I absolutely LOVE it. LOVE IT!!! It was also affordable which was nice (just under 500$ when I bought it). Here is a pic I took with it on the Easy setting. Literally pointed and shot  this pic, no editing was done.

It also has a "gourmet" setting for pics of food which I use a lot, and one of my FAVORITE features.. Is that it has an extensive photo editing program right ON the camera. You can edit a pic you just took in the menu. There's Soft Focus, sharpen focus, Partial gray.. (making a focal point color and the rest B&W), fisheye, cross filter, radial blur, retro and my favorite... Happy Faces! If someone isn't smiling, yo can edit the photo with this feature to MAKE them smile!! LOL, it's SO fun. Also it has a smile recognition mode which will make it so that the photo snaps automatically as soon as everyone in the picture is smiling. It also shoots video in High-Def. There's a LOT of features and I just love it.
Here's a pic.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H20 10.1 MP Digital Camera with 10x Optical Zoom and Super Steady Shot Image Stabilization
sony-cyber-shot-h20-back

MattisMommy08
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Unless you know how your camera works and can manipulate it correctly, you will get worse pics from a DSLR than you would from a nice p&s

It's not the camera that makes a good looking photo, it is the person behind it.

Click my logo to see my site!

zebbyzebby06
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Wow that pic is awesome, thats kind of work i want to do too.  well i love taking pics of kids :D  why is it so hard to pic a camera lol  mroe confusing i think since i know what nothing means haha.

Quoting supermama322:

I have a Sony CyberShot DSC-H20. It performs like an SLR but is a simple point and shoot. I absolutely LOVE it. LOVE IT!!! It was also affordable which was nice (just under 500$ when I bought it). Here is a pic I took with it on the Easy setting. Literally pointed and shot  this pic, no editing was done.

It also has a "gourmet" setting for pics of food which I use a lot, and one of my FAVORITE features.. Is that it has an extensive photo editing program right ON the camera. You can edit a pic you just took in the menu. There's Soft Focus, sharpen focus, Partial gray.. (making a focal point color and the rest B&W), fisheye, cross filter, radial blur, retro and my favorite... Happy Faces! If someone isn't smiling, yo can edit the photo with this feature to MAKE them smile!! LOL, it's SO fun. Also it has a smile recognition mode which will make it so that the photo snaps automatically as soon as everyone in the picture is smiling. It also shoots video in High-Def. There's a LOT of features and I just love it.
Here's a pic.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H20 10.1 MP Digital Camera with 10x Optical Zoom and Super Steady Shot Image Stabilization
sony-cyber-shot-h20-back

kcook55
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:06 PM

i want that camera so bad lol and i know it takes great pic i have seen them in another group i'm in. and the ladies there that have it love it

Quoting zebbyzebby06:

zebbyzebby06
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:08 PM

thanks :)  my hubby said i can get one, hes getting something too  :)  hes been over seas for work since july 2009 so we are treating ourselves

Quoting kcook55:

i want that camera so bad lol and i know it takes great pic i have seen them in another group i'm in. and the ladies there that have it love it

Quoting zebbyzebby06:

wifeffd95c
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:08 PM

I am a professional photographer and for that limit i would highly recommend the nikon d300.

kcook55
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Quoting MattisMommy08:

Unless you know how your camera works and can manipulate it correctly, you will get worse pics from a DSLR than you would from a nice p&s

It's not the camera that makes a good looking photo, it is the person behind it.

i agree with you there 6 months ago my pic were really crappy but i'm learning how to use my camera so i'm getting a lot better i was always told its not about the camera you have its about learning to use your camera to get great pictures.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)