• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do u think that talking abt your problems helps people to feel better.. or do u think that talking abt your problems

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:27 PM
  • 4 Replies

makes u think abt them even more.. im wrestling with myself and this question..bc i truly believe that talking is helpful to get out the stress.. plan solutions..sort out thoughts

but then i think think words leads to thoughts.  thoughts leads to words.. words lead to feelings.... therefore by talking abt your problems.. your either living in the past or the future..ive read alot of self help books.. and in one of them there was the theroy talk about the problem 3 times at the most... then after that its no longer productive to talk about it.

what do u think abt this theroy talk about a problem 3 times max..after that move forward...or are there some problems such as being raped or molested where talking about it 3 times is  a joke.. and the need to talk about that bad situion will always be there on some level?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:10 PM

I think some problems can get better with talking about them, and some only get worse. I don't think there should be a limit on the number of times you talk about something, though - if it's helping, keep talking, and if it's not, find another way to deal with the issue.

Sirenabella
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:23 PM

I think there is no one rule that works for everyone. Some people need to talk to work through things and others don't. Some issues can be worked through quickly and some will take a lifetime.

Chey_s_Mommy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:30 PM

I think talking about your problems is a way to help you deal with them. I just think who you talk to has a big factor on if it is good for you or not. I remember seeing a children's shrink and they were not good for me at all. However, I can talk on here and just get my problems or frustrations out and be able to move on and/ or solve the problem! Does that make sense?

Rydersmommy616
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:24 PM

that  makes complete sense .!!!!!!!!!!

.. bc who youare talking to makes a huge difference..  i have certain friends that make me feel like something was accomplished by talking with them.. and i have had personal therapists that i have felt just as aweful leaving as i did coming  in...i think it depends on the solutions creating in talking about it

Quoting Chey_s_Mommy:

I think talking about your problems is a way to help you deal with them. I just think who you talk to has a big factor on if it is good for you or not. I remember seeing a children's shrink and they were not good for me at all. However, I can talk on here and just get my problems or frustrations out and be able to move on and/ or solve the problem! Does that make sense?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)