• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feel Like a Knife Went Through Me :-(

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:28 PM
  • 14 Replies

For a lil background info, I have an almost 25 y/o son that up and decided I'm not his mother anymore. This was 4 years ago. We still text, IM, email, and call once in awhile. About an hour ago he sent me a text saying his gf is pregnant and I better not have any ideas of trying to be involved in his/her's life. I tried texting back and even calling twice trying to patch things up, to be honest he's never even told me the direct reason he's so upset with me. I won't even get to see my first grandchild if he keeps this up :( . I guess this post is more like a sad vent, but if anyone has a suggestion on anything else I could do, it's welcome.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Idiosyncratic
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:29 PM

why is the relationship so strained?

SThompson21
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:30 PM

im sorry. hoping having a child will change his way of thinking. i know when i had my son, my mom and i didnt have a very good relationship but we patched things up when i had him. i even let her be in the room *which was not the plan*. i really hope things change and you are able to be in their lives.

may i ask why he would decide such a thing? sounds like really drastic measures.

angie729
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Im sorry..hugs to you. I really wish I knew what to tell you. You said you have tried to talk with him and find out what the problem is and that is really all I know to do. I do hope that maybe he will come around and your relationship with him will be mended.

morethanme_you
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:34 PM

obviously there had to be something going on for him to cut you out like that. you sound like my MIL - backstabbing and lying to us and then we cut ties from her and she cried to everyone in the family that 'she doesn' t know what she did'. sounds like both of you need to grow up.

Lisse_2006
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:35 PM

That is so sad! His and yours problems should not come in between you and your grandbaby. I hope it gets better for you!

taradawn24
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:36 PM

I've asked him so many times what did I do, he's given me a new story every time. What I think it is is that his dad had an "influence" on him. His dad's treated me like dirt ever since Matthew (son) was born. He's an emotionally abusive douchebag that just wants to turn everyone against me because I broke it off with him.

Quoting Idiosyncratic:

why is the relationship so strained?

Stephanie329
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Sadly there is nothing you can do. Honestly I would have been devastated when this first happened, and I'm sure you were/are.

Just remain open to a relationship if/when he decides to have one.

taradawn24
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:40 PM

I've not "backstabbed" nor "lied" to any of my children. He's cut corners and given me 8 or 9 different stories of what I did to make him so mad.

Quoting morethanme_you:

obviously there had to be something going on for him to cut you out like that. you sound like my MIL - backstabbing and lying to us and then we cut ties from her and she cried to everyone in the family that 'she doesn' t know what she did'. sounds like both of you need to grow up.

wifeffd95c
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:42 PM

I am so sorry you are going through this. HUGS to you. Have you written him an email just simply asking what you did so wrong. What about explaining to him that you are his mom and you gave him life and you want to be part of that life.That you wont be around forever and than how would he feel?

Cheribomb
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:43 PM

there is obviously something that is really affecting him.  He is trying to hurt you otherwise why even text?  just to tell you that he doesn't want to talk to you?  He still wants some sort of relationship or else he would have cut you off completely.  you need to find out what is bothering him so much.   It is obviously something big & something that REALLY hurt him, i doubt he just cut you off for no reason or just to be a jerk.  The only thing you can do is talk to him.  Maybe invite him out to dinner and REALLY talk to him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)