Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cause for concern?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:02 PM
  • 8 Replies
Don't know whether to be concerned or not. Today I haven't felt the baby move as much as I'm used to. Normal he is like a karate kid and today I haven't felt him kick at all. I've also noticed a lot more contractions. My belly is starting to ache. I haven't been timming the contractions because I've been out shopping but they are definitely there. What to do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Vegetarianmama
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:03 PM
Call your doc. And time them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommas3cubs
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Drink some OJ then lay on your side if he doesn't move in like 20 min then go to L&D.

Motherof3inNJ
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:06 PM

How many weeks are you? Normally for me, my babies would become less active around 35 weeks but I would still feel them every hour or so. If your having contractions, drink water and change positions, you'll be able to tell if it's the real thing if they won't let up.

sxylilmom
by Supergirl on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:07 PM

If you have been busy today, your movement could have lulled him to sleep. That is completely normal. But when you settle down and rest, he/she should start moving more. That is one of the reasons they tell you to lay down and then count the kicks. Drink some water, lay on your left side, and then count the kicks.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:27 PM

this - good luck, and keep us posted!

Quoting mommas3cubs:

Drink some OJ then lay on your side if he doesn't move in like 20 min then go to L&D.

amayabrianna
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:30 PM

I went through this this morning actually. I drank some juice like a PP said and laid down. He started going crazy. Me moving around must have put him to sleep..lol...Try thatmama, it may be braxton hicks or it may be real. Time them see if moving helps them go away, etc... GL mama, keep us updated!!!

Kageegirl
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:31 PM
Since I have been home I've timed 3 contractions 8 minutes apart and 1 6 minutes apart. I've been sitting on the couch watching tv. I've felt the baby move but it isn't as intense or as frequent. I've also drank a whole bottle of water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amayabrianna
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Quoting Kageegirl:

Since I have been home I've timed 3 contractions 8 minutes apart and 1 6 minutes apart. I've been sitting on the couch watching tv. I've felt the baby move but it isn't as intense or as frequent. I've also drank a whole bottle of water.

How far along are you? If they are not a consistant time apart I wouldn't worry too much.

1gzs1-106-11gzs1-107-1

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)