Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I lost my best friend

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:13 PM
  • 13 Replies

I really don't know how to explain it. My best friend lives 40 minutes away so we don't see each other very often. I met her through my DH because her DH and my DH were in the national guard. We hit it off right away. Well when DH deployed we stoped going over there to stay the night once a month (we used to stay at thier house when DH had drill rather then driving 40 mins each way to drill) Everytime I would try to set something up they were "busy". thinking about everything I don't think she was as good as friend as I thought... They couldn't make it to DDs 1st or 2nd birthday (and they are her god parents). We weren't invited to their DDs birthday parties. I jut saw my friend today, I drove the 40 minutes in a car with no AC with DD just to see her and I felt out of place. I felt like crying. When i went to say bye it was like saying bye to someone you hardly know. Everytime I would call or text her her phone "wasn't working" so she never got them so I stopped trying. I saw she got a new phone when I saw her today. I just don't know what to think. I just want to call her up and tell her how I feel but I know I should just let it go. I stopped to see DH at drill so DD could see her daddy and I told him about this and started crying, and I felt so stupid because I knew this was happening but didn't want to admitted until today.

And we would always go up and see them. They came down once in the two, almost three years we've known them. They haven't even seen our new house.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimora_neko
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:24 PM

I guess I just needed a vent but I still don't feel any better. I'm just so hurt

JMVITT
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:30 PM

I have a "friend" like that.  She is worse though, she never calls unless she needs something but if I call her for anything, even just to talk, it goes to VM and than she claims she never got the VM.  I want to tell her where to shove it but I don't know...I just let it go. 

kennidee
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:30 PM

I know what you mean.  It's hard when you realize that you are the only one emotionally invested in a relationship with someone else.  Whether it's friendship or marriage.  My suggestion would be to let her make the next move.  If she wants to call you then you can call her back.  Don't be the only one making an effort to have a friendship with her.

Sorry :(

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:31 PM

hugs

Princess7777
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:33 PM

I would let her call you.  I do know what you mean.  I remembered my friends 40b-day and she didn't say anything to me on mine.  I know she is busy, she was on face book really early in the morning that day.  I don't really worry about it.  She calls when she wants to talk.  I called her and left a message a little bit ago.

Kimora_neko
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:34 PM

It just sucks. Who I thought was my best friend didn't even tell me she was preganant. Her DH told my DH. DH told me but told me, sort of, I guessed it but he said not to say anything that she will tell me. Well she never did. She "assumed" I knew because she wouldn't go on any rides at the fair. It really hurt

Quoting JMVITT:

I have a "friend" like that.  She is worse though, she never calls unless she needs something but if I call her for anything, even just to talk, it goes to VM and than she claims she never got the VM.  I want to tell her where to shove it but I don't know...I just let it go. 

mamacita4two
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:35 PM

This has happened a lot with me,this girl I met from a portrait studio always took out kids pictures,so we exchanged numbers,I came to her house but it was weird.then I called her but she never answered,I saw her in public and got her number but she never called back,so this last time I saw her I started asking for her number but I was like,oh,you have it right? Okay well just call me....a yr later and nothing,so now even if I see her in walmart I don't say anything.pretty weird but she decided this lol

Quoting bamababe1975:

hugs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimora_neko
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:36 PM

I have some things for her that i've been trying to get together with her to givee but she was always busy so I said if she wants them she will ask for them. If not I'll keep them or sell them.

Quoting kennidee:

I know what you mean.  It's hard when you realize that you are the only one emotionally invested in a relationship with someone else.  Whether it's friendship or marriage.  My suggestion would be to let her make the next move.  If she wants to call you then you can call her back.  Don't be the only one making an effort to have a friendship with her.

Sorry :(

Kimora_neko
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Thanks

Quoting bamababe1975:

hugs

SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:07 PM

You shouldn't just "let it go". If she's really your best friend, then explain to her how it makes you feel, and ask her what the deal is. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)