Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stolen bank card what should i do?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:27 PM
  • 39 Replies

Ok my husband lost his bankcard. He cancelled it on the 2nd well on the 6th a bunch of charges came through from someplace in Illinois bankrupting our account. I have no idea how the card traveled that far or why the charges were allowed when it should have been cancelled etc.... 

Has anyone had this happen? what did you do and did you get your money back? It's way after bank hours so i can't even talk to anyone. Please don't bash me b/c I am already flipping out.

EDIT 

Tried not to think about it all day but  couldn't sleep last night. Tomorrow we are going to the bank as soon as it opens. Please pray we can get the money back soon b/c they took everything and it's another 2 weeks until payday.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MzSeXyC
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:27 PM

BUMP!

MommaTashy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:29 PM

I would go straight to the bank Monday and talk to someone especially if your card was already supposed to be cancelled. 

I'am a 23 year old , Pagan, Pro life , Southern born and raised ,Bisexual , Vaccinating , Disposable diapering , Formula Feeding , foreward facing at 1 and 20 , Animal loving ,Gay rights supporting , Mommy to a amazing little boy named Joey (12/29/10).

nicolleraeanne
File a police report.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessPeach06

I lost my card a week ago and went straight to the bank to cancel it.  They gave me a dispute number to call just in case charges showed up on my card that weren't mine.  I would go Monday and talk to someone, I'm sure they can help.

What bank is it?  Mine is Chase.

Daruth
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Call the bank first thing monday sounds like some one screwed up and did not get in canceld or the had used the cards before you called they should work with you u will have to fill out paper work and such and it might take a few weeks to tet the money back depending on how your account is set up with them

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:31 PM

yeah and the charges were at mc'ds and Walgreen's and they always take the money right out. the card was canceled on the 2nd so that's why I'm confused. My husband is calling a 1-800 number. I'm still hysterical trying to calm down. 

Quoting MommaTashy:

I would go straight to the bank Monday and talk to someone especially if your card was already supposed to be cancelled. 

sallymoon
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I'm sorry you are dealing with this.  When I lost my bank card, I was lucky that it was found by an honest person who reported it and had it cancelled immediately.  Only suggestion I have is to call the bank as soon as they open and keep asking going up the chain of command until they fix your account.

Child Passenger Safety Technician

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:32 PM

it's a local credit union

Quoting PrincessPeach06:

I lost my card a week ago and went straight to the bank to cancel it.  They gave me a dispute number to call just in case charges showed up on my card that weren't mine.  I would go Monday and talk to someone, I'm sure they can help.

What bank is it?  Mine is Chase.

BeJuicy
My boyfriend had credit fraud on his card one time. They somehow doubled his limit and the bank never once called him about suspicious activity which they are supposed to do. I would think that doubling the limit would be suspicious.... They wanted him to pay the minimum balance on it too!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaTashy

i would definitely go to the bank Monday .

Quoting angelachristine:

yeah and the charges were at mc'ds and Walgreen's and they always take the money right out. the card was canceled on the 2nd so that's why I'm confused. My husband is calling a 1-800 number. I'm still hysterical trying to calm down. 

Quoting MommaTashy:

I'am a 23 year old , Pagan, Pro life , Southern born and raised ,Bisexual , Vaccinating , Disposable diapering , Formula Feeding , foreward facing at 1 and 20 , Animal loving ,Gay rights supporting ,Tell it like it is  , Mommy to a amazing little boy named Joey (12/29/09).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)