Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which diapers.....

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:28 PM
  • 24 Replies

Are the new ones that give chemical burns?

I had a baby shower today and I think all of them are the ones with the Dry Max and I want to get ones that wont burn my little mans butt.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:33 PM

I think it's the Dry Max that some users had issues with, but many others are still using them with no ill effects. If you're worried, though, you can always exchange them for Huggies or another brand.

halleys_mommy_1
by +Logan on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Ya I think thats what we are going to end up doing. I only have 6 boxes, and like 2 small packs lol.

Wal mart is going to hate me!

sallymoon
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:37 PM

The Pampers Dry Max have had many reports of chemical burns and other nasty skin issues.  Any other disposable diaper can cause similar issues.  It is common for babies to have reactions to one kind or another as they are all full of chemicals.  A few more expensive brands have fewer possible irritants and less likely to hurt baby's skin, and cloth diapers are the best bet to prevent skin problems.

Child Passenger Safety Technician

stacymomof2
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:43 PM

I hated the Dry Max, I have used pampers for two girls for almost 5 years and never had a problem until the dry max.  Just use the cruisers or if you like, the baby dry is much cheaper and fine for tiny babies that don't pee a lot.  My youngest has a horrible reaction to the dry max, I'm talking about a bloody rash.  But she is sensitive anyways.  But I just buy cruisers and it's fine.

halleys_mommy_1
by +Logan on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Quoting sallymoon:

The Pampers Dry Max have had many reports of chemical burns and other nasty skin issues.  Any other disposable diaper can cause similar issues.  It is common for babies to have reactions to one kind or another as they are all full of chemicals.  A few more expensive brands have fewer possible irritants and less likely to hurt baby's skin, and cloth diapers are the best bet to prevent skin problems.

I wanted to do cloth but the washer we have doesnt work all that well and we don't have a diaper service around here... not that we could afford it! =(

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

crazymama0286
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:45 PM

I hate papmers. Every single one gave ny son a rash even when he was a newborn. I couldn't let the nurses at the dr office put a diaper on him cause all they had was papmers. I use luvs and they work great. Plus they are cheaper.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Got2LoveMe001
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:49 PM
I an NOT a luvs fan, they just seem to not hold for us. I looove Huggies and as a second choice believe it or not "Parents Choice"

Quoting crazymama0286:

I hate papmers. Every single one gave ny son a rash even when he was a newborn. I couldn't let the nurses at the dr office put a diaper on him cause all they had was papmers. I use luvs and they work great. Plus they are cheaper.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
halleys_mommy_1
by +Logan on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:43 PM
Luvs never worked for dd either! She was always wet. Lol. Maybe this time will be better

Quoting Got2LoveMe001:

I an NOT a luvs fan, they just seem to not hold for us. I looove Huggies and as a second choice believe it or not "Parents Choice"

Quoting crazymama0286:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WhitleyLyles
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:02 PM

I keep Huggies in business....

Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:02 PM

How about trying cloth?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)