Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby eating during growth spurts...

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:28 PM
  • 5 Replies

my 5 week old ate a lot for a few days, now shes barely eating. only eating like an ounce or barely two every few hours. her soft spot isnt sunkin in, and shes having wet diapers, shes just barely eating. could it be a growth spurt messing her up??? 

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:34 PM

She's so little, I'd take her to the ped to have her checked out, just to be sure.

NickiNavarro
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Call your Pedi if you are concerned, but from what I remember....my little one had grouth spurts all the time for the first several months it seemed impossible to know how much she was going to eat. She would be consistantly at 4 ounces...then only eat 2 oz for like three days.

southernjess3
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:37 PM

its just..shes not a tiny baby. almost 9 pounds at birth. she wears 3-6 now and size two diapers. so i dont know if i should be concerned. shes completely fine besides eating less

stacymomof2
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Unless she starts puking or seems dehydrated, I wouldn't worry.  Babies, especially that little, are completely wacko.  If you have access to a nurse line go ahead and call, they will give good advice.  Both of mine went on various "nusring strikes" in which I freaked out but they were completely fine.  Some of these were up to 3-4 days or more, how long has it been?

southernjess3
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:39 PM

its been just two days of her eating less

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)