Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH's cousin does not know how her one year olds two front teeth got knocked out. . . .

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:28 PM
  • 36 Replies
this is so crazy to me. i will start out by saying she has two little girls age one and three. everytime we have visited or seen them the kids have always looked very well taken care of and always have on nice clothes and are never dirty. but with in the last month several things have happened that i don't understand. first the three year old got a really bad burn on her arm. the mom said the little girl came in the room screaming and the mom says she has no idea what burned her (the girl told me it was from the lawn mower but the mom said she was not outside) second thing that happened the one year olds two front teeth got broke once again she said she does not know how it happened. and then last week the three year old got really sick and was taken to the doctor and it was found that she had semanella (sp) the doctor called DHR on her and there will be a inspection of her home. i just don't understand how it seems that her children are so well taken care of but there things happen and she has no clue how. .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernjess3
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:30 PM

trust me-she knows. she has a bf or husband? sounds like shes covering up for someone.

MzSeXyC
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:31 PM

i dunno.

thats fucked up though. maybe she is covering for someone? 

snugglesaurus
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Definitely sounds like abuse.

At the very least, neglect. How do you NOT know how your kids are getting seriously injured? You would have to have at least some idea unless you're completely neglectful.

WhitleyLyles
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:34 PM
She sounds like she is covering for someone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robinalbright
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:35 PM
she has a husband he was away on work when this happened he is still not at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:35 PM

She's covering for someone. It's good DHR will be coming out, but sad that she knows that fact ahead of time.

MommaTashy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:37 PM

she knows whats going on sounds like she is deffinatly covering for someone

I'm a 23 year old , Pagan, Pro life , Southern born and raised ,Bisexual , Tattooed , Vaccinating , Disposable diapering , Formula Feeding , foreword facing at 1 and 20 , Animal loving ,Gay rights supporting ,Tell it like it is  , Mommy to a amazing little boy named Joey (12/29/09).

ff-princess
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I can understand the doctor calling DHR on her for the two accidents that she can't explain, but the solmonella floors me - you can get solmonella from any restaurant that serves eggs over medium or over easy, or many many other food sources.  most of the time you don't even realize you have it, you simply think it's a tummy bug.  and even when you do get it diagnosed, it's usually nearly impossible to trace the source.   hmmmm...

proudmomma1986
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:40 PM
Stuff this serious she has to know. If it were just little bruises, then I could see not knowing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snugglesaurus
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Maybe he called b/c that was the third incident where the mother claimed ignorance and he got concerned.

Quoting ff-princess:

I can understand the doctor calling DHR on her for the two accidents that she can't explain, but the solmonella floors me - you can get solmonella from any restaurant that serves eggs over medium or over easy, or many many other food sources.  most of the time you don't even realize you have it, you simply think it's a tummy bug.  and even when you do get it diagnosed, it's usually nearly impossible to trace the source.   hmmmm...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)