Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Snooping

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:37 PM
  • 10 Replies

I see post on here where someone goes snooping through another person's belongings, see something that makes them mad & then want to confront the person. If my s/o or my kids went snooping through my purse there would be hell to pay! That is my personal belongings, and nobody has any right or any business going through it. I know that we are all a little nosey, that's human nature, but to deliberately pry through someones belongings and then get pissed off cause they found what they were looking for is just wrong to me! Am I the only one who feels this way?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:53 PM

I think snooping is wrong. If a person has reason to believe there's something worth snooping for, then they have bigger issues. If they snoop and find something, they can be angry at what they found, but still have to own up to the fact that what they did was wrong, too.

queenchula
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:54 PM

I feel that way too OP.

KricketMother09
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:55 PM

If someone thinks something is wrong then ask the person.  If they don't admit or want to talk about it drop it.  Unless it's life threatening to them, you, or someone else it's really not your business.

(By the way your baby picture is ADORABLE!!!)

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:56 PM

sorta... but you have to back step and say that the person who is being snooped upon has brought suspision and doubt upon themselves and then proved to be lying about something.  i dont care what my dh looks at, purse, phone, email, etc,  same with him, because we dont have anything to hide.

JZB
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:56 PM

In most cases I'd agree and I really think it depends on what they discover.  When someone disocver's their SO is a drug dealer what they do do to discover it really doesn't matter.

goatmom4
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:58 PM

I would never either   when I am housitting i jsut small around for the furnace working good or somthing    but we had house broke into when i was little so   I think it makes me sensitive to the overwhelmed violated feel        that made me feel

graciebsgranny
by Angie on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Quoting KricketMother09:

If someone thinks something is wrong then ask the person.  If they don't admit or want to talk about it drop it.  Unless it's life threatening to them, you, or someone else it's really not your business.

(By the way your baby picture is ADORABLE!!!)

Thank you, that's my grandbababy little miss Gracelyn Brooke!!!!!!

veganmommy04
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:59 PM

eh.  i have nothing to hide so i don't care.  it's kinda a hard spot.  on one i hand i see you point, privacy and trust should exist, but on the other hand, if you aren't hiding anything why would you care.  that being said, in my past relationships, i snooped, they got mad, but they were also cheating.  my current dh, early on i had trust issues.  he was great about it, and proved to me i can trust him.  now i never go through his things or check up on him, he doesn't go through my things either.  but if one of us did the other would not care.

Sirenabella
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:03 PM

I think it's justified in certain circumstances. If you're pretty sure your spouse is cheating or something similar or if you need to check up on your kids...

Princess7777
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Snooping is wrong.  If you have those feelings you should ask your S/O.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)