Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Buying books vs. Ereaders?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:59 PM
  • 17 Replies
Really considering getting one but does anyone with one have any pros or cons to share?
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnitaVersion2.0
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:03 PM

I don't really know much but I'd make sure it's readable in bright light/sunlight.

Snoop420
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:04 PM
I Like regular books better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sharonrena
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:04 PM

I'm debating on getting one as well.

I can't wait to hear what others say that already have one, so here is a bump for you.  :O)

CallieLynsMommy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I really dislike them, my best friend has one and it hurts my eyes. I can't even look at a computer screen for that long though. I prefer to hold a book in my hands, paper and all!

MamaCarley
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:12 PM

I love my e-readers. We have a Kobo, and a Kindle. My husband and i trade off when we finish a book, they were gifts. i like the feel of a real book and the way you can see how far you've really gone with a real book. but these are so much more convenient. the way i see it is no more wasted paper with buying a book. the screens are amazing it's just like looking at a real page. i was skeptical at first, but i've grown very attached to my e-reader. 

MamaCarley
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:13 PM

and as someone previously posted.... the two we have are not like a computer screen its called e-ink. it's really amazing. 

deminika
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:15 PM

I have the Kindle and I love it. It's convenient, the books are slightly cheaper and it's easy to carry a lot of books around. Even though I have it I do still buy actual books on occasion, especially something I was really looking forward to.

deminika
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Quoting AnitaVersion2.0:

I don't really know much but I'd make sure it's readable in bright light/sunlight.

The kindle uses some sort of ink system so there is no glare. They tried to make it very book like.

Mommy to 3 little  girls, step mom to 1 little boy and wife to my soldier.

gypsydancer7
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:17 PM

I have a Kindle and love it (although I still prefer real books....and will buy the real thing if I really enjoy). I read ALOT (around 6-8 books a weeks), so the kindle is great for when Im in a jam and dont have any books at home. I can buy it from the kindle instantly. Its also great for going on trips....you dont have to carry so many books.

It doesnt hurt my eyes at all and they are super cheap now

periwinkle163
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Well I think the e-readers are a neat idea, but I would miss a real book. I love the feel of them while I read, I also love the smell of a bookstore,lol. I also like to bookmark my favorite passages and flipping back to parts to re-read if I need to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)