Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Mama, help please?!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:27 PM
  • 6 Replies

Is there a diet that I can go by and actually lose weight from while breastfeeding?  My son is only 4 months, and I want to continue to breastfeed, but I am sick of looking like a cow!  Please help!  Bump if you don't know because none of my post ever get much attention.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommaboudreaux
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:31 PM

BUMP!

antoinettegts
by Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Breast feeding by itself should be helping you lose weight. It could be what you're eating. Try drinking lots of water, eating small portions every 4 hrs, and eat healthy. You can also try pumping ex. milk which will burn ex. calories. There's also this great weight loss program that you can take while pregnant called Herbalife. I was on the products while pregnant with my second baby and while bf. My son was born Jan. 6, 2009. I weighed 207 walking into the delivery room. I was down to 170 at my 6 wk. check up.

Other then changing your diet, try getting the baby out for a walk every day. Something simple such as walking will do wonders. Whatever you do don't stop bf. Good luck. :)

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:54 PM

If you're really serious you will change the way you shop for food. I have done that and if it's not in the house I don't eat it. I also stock my fridge with tons of fruit and vegies. I grab pickles now because there is no chips. I also make individual 1/2 cup servings of sugar free jello so I can take care of the sweet tooth, =) Good Luck!

Wife2003
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:57 PM
Weight watchers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShadowLark
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Quoting Wife2003:

Weight watchers

Hey, does anyone know how the points work?  I want to try it without trying it first - I don't have the money to waste if I can't follow through on it, but I LOVE the idea of it!

Ms.Upinyourface
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:02 PM

I cut out all fats but avocados and nuts. I cooked in just water, no oil. Get out and walk or get a rowing machine and definately focus on excersising. And get enough sleep.

No processed foods. Start the day with carbohydrates and protene so you have enough energy for your active life. Eat small meals with carbs and protene. Choose your carbs carefully: whole grains, for breakfast not sugared cereles, boil potatos white and yams and sweet potatos, eat some with protene every few hours so you are not hungry. Eat plentiful greens and vegatbables and fruits. At night do not eat carbs. Just veggies and lean protenes.

Walk for 20-30 minutes 2 to 3 times per day.

No deserts. Only fruits and non fat high calicum foods. Avoid the fake sweeteners too. Drink plenty of water.

Imagin your perfict figure. And make your life a happy fun place and it will peel off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)