• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those military and prisoner wives....

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:50 PM
  • 185 Replies
Outta curiosity: How do you Cope with having your SO away for some time?

I'm asking because my DH just got.arrested on some warrants he had. Even though I know he wont be away for long, it's an ugly feeling knowing he wont be around for a few days. It breaks my heart hearing my 2 year old asking "WHERE'S DADDY? OR WHERE DID DADDY GO?"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommas3cubs
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Uh wow, putting prisoners wives in with military wives? Yeah good  luck with this post, I am gonna enjoy watching you get your @ss handed to ya on a silver platter!

popcorndrinking beer

m_rob1021
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:52 PM

It's his job. I support him doing something that he loves to do.(military)

But, knowing that my husband is away at work is a lot different then knowing that my husband is in jail.... so I don't know.

WhitleyLyles
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:54 PM

My husband is not in the military-- but he does contract work for the military two weeks at a time. When my kids ask I tell them that he is at work, plain and simple....He is making money to support us and the life we live. He is away because he is being responsible.....

Now if he was gone away to jail I would tell them that "Well your dad is a dumb a** and he is in trouble for doing some stupid s***"

But I married a man that knows better than to get arrested. Men being gone because of a job is alot different than being gone to prison...

Darkdevinity
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:54 PM

My husband is military and deployment sucks. You do what you can cause you have too. Its hard especially since deployments are a year long. but I love him if i didnt i would of left during the 1st one. I choose to suck it up.

WhitleyLyles
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Quoting mommas3cubs:

Uh wow, putting prisoners wives in with military wives? Yeah good  luck with this post, I am gonna enjoy watching you get your @ss handed to ya on a silver platter!

popcorndrinking beer

Will you pweeze share with me?

mommas3cubs
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Quoting WhitleyLyles:

Will you pweeze share with me?

Absolutely. 

AMarineLovesMe
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:59 PM
Yup. This post has ignorant all over it.
My husband is gone a lot for WORK, he is providing for his family. There is no comparison to him serving his country and sitting in jail for being a dumbass.

Quoting mommas3cubs:

popcorndrinking beer

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snuggz
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:01 PM
What are u talking about? I have major respect for those in the military. Regardless of either way, they both have a lonely feeling within when the SO is away for whatever reason. And that's where my title Came from....

Quoting mommas3cubs:

popcorndrinking beer

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
camsmomma13

It's a lot easier to explain to a child that their daddy is away fighting bad guys, or has to stay in the field for a couple weeks then telling them that their daddy IS the bad guy. I don't see how you can compare the two whatsoever...

Forget-me-not
What she said

Quoting AMarineLovesMe:

Yup. This post has ignorant all over it.

My husband is gone a lot for WORK, he is providing for his family. There is no comparison to him serving his country and sitting in jail for being a dumbass.

Quoting mommas3cubs:

popcorndrinking beer

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)