• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my contractions have begun...

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:53 PM
  • 13 Replies
So I started feeling my contractions but they are maybe a 2-3 out of 10 and theu are sparatic.
My doc said to go to the hospital when they are 10 mins apart so I can get the anti biotics for the group b strepp.
So I'm just wondering how painful contractions are at every 10 mins?
Right now when I get these contractions, I can still walk and talk so its not bad...yet.
I haven't seen my mucous plug yet.
What are your thoughts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:54 PM
You would have done had that baby if you had listened to me!
Colleen86
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:55 PM
Lol what did you say?!?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xXxLillithxXx
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:57 PM

My contractions didn't hurt they were just uncomfortable.

shesahophead
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:57 PM

just do alot of easy walkin.  hang in there and keep us posted.

Colleen86
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:00 PM
Ya I just came back from the park.
But like some people said, they hardly felt their contractions until they were 7cm
But I guess everyone is different.
With my first, I was in pain before I was even 1 cm! (I was 0.5cm)
I'm still looking for my plug! No sign of it yet.
Lots of discharge though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MKSmom09
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Just wait for them to be 10mins apart like the dr said. My contractions weren't really bad with my youngest until about 10mins before he was born. If I would've waited that long he would've been born in the living room instead of at the hospital where I delivered him without a dr or nurse in the room anyway

MommyOf2kids67
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:04 PM

mine came up fast and painful with my DD...i thought they were just braxon hicks so i went and took a nice hot bath to kind of relieve them but they got worse and they went from being 20 minutes apart to 10 in the matter of minutes and then from 10 to 5 next to nothing it was nuts....and on the way to the hospital they were coming every 2 to 5 minutes and it was horrible...worst pain EVER and once i got to the hospital and got my gown on my water broke and three pushes later there she was...and she was scdualed for an induction the following week but apparently she wanted to come early..we almost shared the same birthday ;) She was born Oct 07 and mine is Oct 08 :)

shesahophead
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:06 PM

warm bath...I dunno, after my contractions started it went to hell quick.lol very long hard labor , 54 hrs of  tests and random folndoling and hard, i mean HARD labor before they decided me and baby were not gonna be able to do this, so they gave me an emergancy c section on day 3 that started late because they didn't hook my drip up right. yeah, my only advice is warm water and walking.lol

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Quoting Colleen86:

Lol what did you say?!?!

I told you to go to bed naked and put a donut  between your legs and when he reaches out to grab the donut ,pull him the rest of the way out!Problem solved!

We should be in awe at the gift of having children rather than obsessed by our rights as a mother!

Colleen86
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:10 PM
Lol! Oh ya!!!!
Well its weird because they were like 4 mins apart and iit didn't hurt and they just began so I'm thinking "that's not right"
Then they slowed down.
I'm going to start writing down the times now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)