Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

organizing tips for small spaces

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

I just downsized form a four room house to a two bed apt. we already got rid of two truckloads of stuff to the salvation army and gave alot to friends. the stuff we have we are keeping, the problem we are having is finding storage spae for thngs. Any tips. Pics or links could be quite helpful. thanx in advance.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Vegetarianmama
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:58 PM
Space bags are great. Bed risers too! Then you can store stuff away. We are living in a 2 bd room that's pretty decent sized but only has two closets, one in each room. Literally no other storage space, so I know all too well how that is.
Shelves are great and organizing bins are awesome for pantries and what not... Also don't let clutter build up! It's so easy to do with mail and kids crafts and toys, and clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shesahophead
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:36 PM

yeah it seems like as soon as I get it clean there is more clutter,I like the shelf idea since we have lots of nic nac things that family gave us that we have no where to put, and the space bags. Do you know how much room those damn winter jackets take up.lol Where do you get them? what do they run ya, are they hard to maintain?

Quoting Vegetarianmama:

Space bags are great. Bed risers too! Then you can store stuff away. We are living in a 2 bd room that's pretty decent sized but only has two closets, one in each room. Literally no other storage space, so I know all too well how that is.
Shelves are great and organizing bins are awesome for pantries and what not... Also don't let clutter build up! It's so easy to do with mail and kids crafts and toys, and clothes.

Vegetarianmama
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:55 PM
They're not much, like 15 bucks for 4 big bags.. You can put tons of stuff in them. We put a bunch of my SOs army uniforms in one of them and you can put them in the closet or under a bed. They save a ton of room.. And they hold up pretty well just be careful not to rip them! They're plastic
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:58 PM

BUMP!

britme1027
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:24 PM

space bags,the bins that go under the beds ,closet  organizers,you can get them shelfs that are like boxes you can fit alot on them

shesahophead
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 2:24 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)