• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone with twin or pregnant with twins. i have a ?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:02 PM
  • 5 Replies

i was wondering when did you find out you where having twin or how? 

Did you have an early ultrasound? If so did it show two or not?

Did you just have a feeling?

do you have twin on Your/ So side?

If you have more than one kid. Did you show more with you twins than the other early on?

the reason i ask i keep having dream about having two. I had an ultra sound at 5 weeks but we only saw one heart beat but it also wasn't the best ultrasound either.  Also my son swear i having 2 babies. "Hes says a girl for mommy and boy for me." plus twin run on my side of the family. My mom was a twin but here sister was a stillborn. 

I know i cant tell with out an ultrasound but i dont get another for a month , but i do go monday to listen to the heartbeat for the 1st time.

babies

baby development
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
possummom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:07 PM

i was wondering when did you find out you where having twin or how? i had an ultrasound done early in the pregnancy. It showed two babies. very clearly. i was about 2 months along.

Did you have an early ultrasound? If so did it show two or not? yes it showed two babies.

Did you just have a feeling? not really. i was shocked. so was dh.

do you have twin on Your/ So side? it runs on both sides. but for a woman to have twins...it has to run on her side. this was the first set in five generations. it was the 9th living set in four generations on dh's side. there are several sets born on dh's moms side every generation.

my twin girls are 8 now. they will be 9 in september.

AMR320
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:07 PM

I do not have twins but my SIL does. She had an ultrasound at 11 weeks and saw two sacs and two heartbeats. It was her first pregnancy so she did not really show any bigger until around 4 0r 5 months. She had a singleton pregnancy after and there was no difference in how she showed in the begining. She did have a feeling before the first ultrasound, with her twins, that she was having twins.

terrie143
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I have twin granddaughters and the second baby didnt show until the ultrasound at 5 months...

jackiec7707
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Quoting treversmommy:

i was wondering when did you find out you where having twin or how? I woke up one morning and my boobs were rock hard. So I got a preg test (3 to be exact LOL) and scheduled an appointment with my OB. I was 4 weeks when I found out I was preg by test. 7 1/2 weeks when I got the ultrasound that I was having TWO!!

Did you have an early ultrasound? If so did it show two or not? I'm not sure if 7 1/2 weeks is early, but yeah we saw both at that time.

Did you just have a feeling? NO!! I was in shock!!!

do you have twin on Your/ So side? Yes, my grandma had twins and his dad was a twin. I'm sure that twins are produced by the woman though, not the guy.

If you have more than one kid. Did you show more with you twins than the other early on? My twins are my only kids, but I can tell you I looked full term at 6 months when I delivered them..People in public couldn't believe that I was only 6 months.

the reason i ask i keep having dream about having two. I had an ultra sound at 5 weeks but we only saw one heart beat but it also wasn't the best ultrasound either.  Also my son swear i having 2 babies. "Hes says a girl for mommy and boy for me." plus twin run on my side of the family. My mom was a twin but here sister was a stillborn. 

I know i cant tell with out an ultrasound but i dont get another for a month , but i do go monday to listen to the heartbeat for the 1st time.

tarynleighton
by Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Did you have an early ultrasound? If so did it show two or not? i had my ultrasound at about 8 weeks and could see two sacs and 2 babies !

Did you just have a feeling? i kept dreaming that i was going to have twins but we were still both shocked

do you have twin on Your/ So side? there are no twins on either side. but i also had identical twins

If you have more than one kid. Did you show more with you twins than the other early on? i had a son before the girls and yes i showed quicker faster

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)