• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone's child ever got their fingers shut in a screen door before?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:07 PM
  • 6 Replies

My fiance's son completely shut the screen door on my daughter's 2 middle fingers.  They immediately bruised...she can open and close her fist and use her hand but she is still saying it hurts.  How do you can when fingers are broken...especially the tips of them?  They of course are bruised and swollen and she is in pain...but should I take her to get an xray or not?  I dont know how easily fingers get broken.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
iluv2meow
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:13 PM

we had worse happen...

We went camping and my daughter at the time was seven was being snot and raced to the car to get the front seat (hubby had taken the kids fishing at a lake) anyhow well when she realized no one was racing to the car or cared, she decided to go back. I dunno how she did this but she slammed the car door on her FINGERS... Worse yet the door was LOCKED! she couldnt get her hand out of the door. She was screaming bloody murder hubby brought her back I didnt think her hand was gonna make it. We had to drive two hours to the nearest hospital and have xray done, seriously her hand looked bad, it was bleeding all over, was literally black and blue, swollen beyond belief.

nevertheless, doctor and WE too were absolutely shocked not a single broken bone. But she did have to have a few stitches.

melissa632
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:17 PM
No, but I did have 2 of MY fingers shut in the trunk of a car once. They bruised up right away & I had indents on them for a couple days. It hurt like hell but got better after a few days.
It sucked too because I also had a cast up to my knee due to surgury on a broken ankle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLSMOM59
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:19 PM

You can tape the together because if it is broken, that is what the Dr is going to do. My daughter broke a finger picking up a ball. If the pain doesn't go away by tomorrow, I would tak her to a walk=in clinic not the er

tarams98020
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:23 PM

okay...i will do that.  I really dont want to be at an ER.  I really hate the ER.  the walk in clinic here is open from 12-5pm tomorrow.  thank you.  :-)

Quoting RLSMOM59:

You can tape the together because if it is broken, that is what the Dr is going to do. My daughter broke a finger picking up a ball. If the pain doesn't go away by tomorrow, I would tak her to a walk=in clinic not the er

Princess7777
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:24 PM

I had my fingers shut in a car door before it was long time ago.

R0X
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:29 PM

If they're brusing that badly and you decide to tape them, don't do it too tight or restrict the blood flow to the area.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)