Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Staph?MRSA??

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:21 PM
  • 15 Replies

Have your kids or you ever had a staph infection?My DD(13 months old) has a huge bump on her bottom and the doctor said it was staph.How long did it take to get better?What did you do to treat it/help with the pain besides antibiotics?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kat247
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:24 PM

BUMP!

tkdchk
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:26 PM

I had a huge one on my stomache and ended up having to go to the ER for it to get it cut open and drained, then I was given some pain killers for the pain and some special soap to use to help keep the spread of it down. My daughter still got it on her bottom and the only thing that could be done was to pop it and drain it until it stopped draining puss.

amayabrianna

My DD had MRSA when she was like 4 months old or so. The DR ended up having to do an I&D to get it to go away. GL mama.

coug7099

Staph is super contagious. Make sure that you wash her clothes and towels separately. Clean the tub after she uses it. Wash your hands a LOT. Did the doctor put her on any meds or give you special soap? My son had an MRSA infection for months.

tkdchk
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:27 PM

I know this sucks, but you are proabably gonna have to either: A: get it cut open by the dr so it can drain properly or B: try to pop it yourself and keep at it until it disappears.

kat247
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:33 PM

She had one before and I popped it and squeezed it( her doctor told me to).But this time he told me to leave it alone and see what happens.Its looking worse but it doesn't have a white spot on it like last time so I don't know what I should do.I could take her to the ER but they don't take her insurance.

I know it sounds bad but I am trying to hold her off till Monday so I can just take her to the doctor.She already has antibiotics( today is her 3rd day on them).And he also told me to put bleach in her bath water.

Its just so sad seeing her in pain....poor baby cant sit down.

amayabrianna
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:35 PM

IDK about bleachin her bath water seems like it could cause mroe problems. But I wouldn't pop it if it doesn't have a head on it. It would just cause her more pain and wouldn't be worth it.

Quoting kat247:

She had one before and I popped it and squeezed it( her doctor told me to).But this time he told me to leave it alone and see what happens.Its looking worse but it doesn't have a white spot on it like last time so I don't know what I should do.I could take her to the ER but they don't take her insurance.

I know it sounds bad but I am trying to hold her off till Monday so I can just take her to the doctor.She already has antibiotics( today is her 3rd day on them).And he also told me to put bleach in her bath water.

1gzs1-106-11gzs1-107-1

MaryLu86
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:36 PM
they gave me an antibiotic cream for ds when he had it, I thought it was just bad diaper rash but kept getting bigger.. after 2 to 3 days of using the cream it was completely well...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kat247
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:39 PM

I asked him 3 times while I was there about the bleach..he said it was fine but it just doesn't seem right to me either.

Thanks I didn't know if it should have a head on it or not before you pop it.Last time by the time I noticed a little bump there it already had a head on it...this one is huge and doesn't have one...its just a big red bump.

Quoting amayabrianna:

IDK about bleachin her bath water seems like it could cause mroe problems. But I wouldn't pop it if it doesn't have a head on it. It would just cause her more pain and wouldn't be worth it.

Quoting kat247:

MaryLu86
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:39 PM
oh and the bleach for the bath is just to keep it from spreading in case she has open sores or something...

Quoting MaryLu86:

they gave me an antibiotic cream for ds when he had it, I thought it was just bad diaper rash but kept getting bigger.. after 2 to 3 days of using the cream it was completely well...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)