• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Don't Want Your Husband(s) PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:32 PM
  • 18 Replies

I work in the maintenance department at my job. While I am no where near a mechanic, I work in the parts room, issuing tools, handling paperwork for equipment, parts, work to be done, and work completed. I primarily have a desk job and answer calls to the windows as parts are needed.

If you haven't figured it out already, I work in a predominantly male department. My dh is okay with my job. He knows that the only female interaction I have is when I take my break and go up front. The problem comes from my coworkers wives. More than one of them seem to think I have no business working in the same department as their husbands. I have an acquaintance that knows a few of the other wives. I have been told that they have been questioning her, about what kind of person I am, am I trustworthy, and why would I want to work in a male industry.

First off, I am good at my job. The benefits from my company are outstanding and not easy to walk away from. I am happily married with no intent of ever cheating, regardless of where I work. The pay is decent, and I have to work to help keep my household afloat.

Yes, I hear the mechanics air their dirty laundry to each other. After all, they are my coworkers. But, I do not feel it is my place to interfere with their home lives. If these women only knew, I am the least of their worries!!! Several of they guys have requested me as a friend on facebook. I have nothing to hide, so most of them, I have confirmed. They are my work friends afterall. A couple of the wives have added me as well. Again, I have nothing to hide!!! A few have since blocked me, but that doesn't bother me. It does seem a little petty and childish, but nothing for me to cry over, because I don't know them.

I just get aggravated from time to time because these women think that I want their man, and it couldn't be further from the truth. I only know, talk, and interact with them because it's part of my job, nothing more. And when I am at home, my time is spent focused on MY dh and our dd. Work is then left at work.

Vent over........

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tnbjbeams444
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Its probably not you. They dont trust their husbands and its sad.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:37 PM

You could not get mine,so I would not be worried about it.

dirtroads
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:39 PM

My father is a Mechanic so I know my way around a shop. I even worked at my Grand fathers shop before when I was in highschool and dealt with something similar.

I am sorry you have had this problem. I say keep doing what you're doing, keep it professional and let the women act how they please.

rh2pinkie
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:41 PM

honestly, i feel sorry for some of them. they act like saints at home, but i hear/see how they act at work........very sad.

Quoting tnbjbeams444:

Its probably not you. They dont trust their husbands and its sad.

Ohiomomto2
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I thought we had gotten beyond "mens jobs" and "womens jobs".  My SO works in a factory with a ton of women, and I don't worry about it, the same would be true if it were the opposite.

Sorry you are dealing with their petty ways of thinking and I LOVE your siggy!

debelly
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:48 PM

What does PIOG mean??

Ohiomomto2
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Posted In Other Group :)

Quoting debelly:

What does PIOG mean??

rh2pinkie
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:51 PM

aw, thanks, i made it when my dd was about 6 months old. i took some pics at home, and my dh had to help hold her up. the words came from a song by the crabb family, it fit so well...

Quoting Ohiomomto2:

I thought we had gotten beyond "mens jobs" and "womens jobs".  My SO works in a factory with a ton of women, and I don't worry about it, the same would be true if it were the opposite.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Quoting Ohiomomto2:

No duh!I drove a cab for 15 years and the men gave out more blowjobs than I did.I did not do any unless he was my husband.

We should be in awe at the gift of having children rather than obsessed by our rights as a mother!

MaryLu86
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:52 PM
I'm sorry u have to deal with crap like that...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)