• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

s/o ppl in jail

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:41 PM
  • 14 Replies
So there is a post about s/o's being away due to prison or deployment. So many women talked about ppl in prison did something stupid and deserve to be there. Well here is my question, what about the ones who were wrongly accused? Are they stupid? What did they do to deserve to be there?

Reason being here: my dh was arrested two years ago for arson. Our house burned down and we had a neighbor, who we later found out has been to prison for child molestation, rape, drug manufacturing, possession with intent to distribute, armed robbery, and several other things, who demanded money from us, otherwise he was going to go to the police and say that my dh burned the house down. We also found out that to keep himself out of trouble he was a narc for the police so they would pretty much believe anything that came out of his mouth. Anyway, we didn't give him any money, he went to the cops. My husband was 20 minutes away from the house when it caught on fire, the cops confirmed that, the fire department said there was no one at fault and still arrested him. He is set to go to trial next month for something he didn't do. He may go to prison because this Guy didn't get money he blackmailed us for. So is my dh stupid? Does he deserve to go to prison.

Oh and we've been through hell and back these last two years. He hasn't been able to find a good job until recently. Our insurance company denied our claim because my husband was arrested. We've moved about 8 times in the last two years because my dh has been in and out of work due to court dates, etc. Our credit is ruined. Do we deserve this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tnbjbeams444
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:42 PM

BUMP!

RachaelMac
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:44 PM

No, you don't deserve that.

People forget that US has an incredibly high incarceration rate per capita compared to other countries. So there's bound to be alot of people wrongly arrested or imprisoned. I would say about half the people I know have either been arrested or been to prison. Hell, I've been to jail.

Newtons06
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:47 PM
BUMP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntietotty
by Elizabeth on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:47 PM

No he doesnt deserve it...

And I also want to add, that there are ALOT of people who go to jail or prison and it is their fault...and they learn from their mistakes. 

ForeverMeme
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Jail and prison systems in Cali. are a joke. The state is broke and can't afford to feed the prisoners. 

babyfat5
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:50 PM

nobody deserves that. That is why I'm against the death penalty. I fear that wrongly accused people could be put to death. I don't know a lot of people who have gone to jail but those that I do know they may have done something wrong but not enough to deserve what they got. I heard some saying that went something like,'in the halls of justice the only justice is in the halls" sounds about right.

snuggz
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:51 PM
Of course you don't deserve it!!! I also believe that there are lots of people wrongfully accused. Especially back then when they don't have the technology of today. You guys don't have nothing against ur neighbor? Can't u use his history against him??? Why would he demand money from you guys?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snuggz
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:51 PM
Of course you don't deserve it!!! I also believe that there are lots of people wrongfully accused. Especially back then when they don't have the technology of today. You guys don't have nothing against ur neighbor? Can't u use his history against him??? Why would he demand money from you guys?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nemiller
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:52 PM

most people who are in jail or prison are there because they did exactly what they were arrested for doing.  however, i know there are cases where you're blamed for something you didn't do and that's incredibly unfortunate.

Newtons06
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:55 PM
Its hell to live through. I worry everyday that he's going to go to prison. I don't know what my son and I will do. Right now I'm a stay at home mom, we had to move in with my inlaws because he lost his job and we lost our last rental house, we're looking for a house now but if we find one how will I pay for it while I'm looking for a job? What will I tell my son if dh goes to prison when he asks where his daddy is?

Quoting babyfat5:

nobody deserves that. That is why I'm against the death penalty. I fear that wrongly accused people could be put to death. I don't know a lot of people who have gone to jail but those that I do know they may have done something wrong but not enough to deserve what they got. I heard some saying that went something like,'in the halls of justice the only justice is in the halls" sounds about right.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)