Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much did you spend?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:48 PM
  • 136 Replies

On back to School shopping?  and where did you go?

I have 2 Older boys, one stating Jr high school and the other going into 3rd grade. All together I have Spent $350. New supplies, Backpacks, Lunch boxes, socks and underwear, and My older boy got 2 pairs of jeans, 5 shirts. The younger one got 2 pair of jeans and 8 shirtts.

I got Everything at Super Walmart and the Clothes at Old Navy.  All Jean at old Navy are only $10. I still need to get Shoes and a few more clothing items for the younger one.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aamy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Nothing, sadly we didnt have to buy back to school supplies for DD for Pre K , they have it all. I was so looking forward to shopping to. 

Savvychick
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Lucky you:-) My Youngest had a growth spurt so he needs new everything and the older one doesnt need as much,

Quoting Aamy:

Nothing, sadly we didnt have to buy back to school supplies for DD for Pre K , they have it all. I was so looking forward to shopping to. 

MamaPeanut
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:00 PM

For clothes & shoes, about $500, for my daughter who is 4 1/2.

For school supplies only $20 for a new backpack.  She attends private school and they provide all supplies.

Savvychick
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:02 PM

WOW, Where did you shop at?

Quoting MamaPeanut:

For clothes & shoes, about $500, for my daughter who is 4 1/2.

For school supplies only $20 for a new backpack.  She attends private school and they provide all supplies.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Both my girls are going to be in Pre School I have gotten two pair of True Religion Jeans, two outfits from Gymboree and when we go on vacation in two weeks I am planning of finishing then, I want to go to the Ralph Lauren Store and Gap.

CarterMommy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:29 PM

my oldest starts kinder this year, we paid like $25 for supplies through the school and about 80-100 on clothes and his backpack and lunch box

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:30 PM

We are going shopping this weekend. We have spent about $40 on school supplies, and we will spend about $500 on her clothing (as we do every season). We are planning our traditional, seasonal mother-daughter shopping trip.

Most of the clothing will come from Gap, Macy's, Ralph Lauren (online), Lands End, and maybe Mini Boden if their fall line is nice :o)

I have one 9 year old daughter that is in school. We will also buy my toddler son's fall clothing while we are out... probably a couple hundred extra on that.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. My husband is head of my home. I am a proud Roman Catholic, as is my husband.             Aimee

judy_bug08
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:32 PM

WOW...$350? For the clothes, we got a check from Creek Nation for $100 for each kid in school. I got great deals and hit the sales, so we got them clothes with that. And of course, we got school supplies from Creek Nation too...we just have to get them a few things, so we will spend maybe $30 total of our own money.

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:34 PM

I want a Ralph Lauren store!!!

We have to order Ralph Lauren online... or hope that Macy's has a few of their collection.

Quoting lapcounter:

Both my girls are going to be in Pre School I have gotten two pair of True Religion Jeans, two outfits from Gymboree and when we go on vacation in two weeks I am planning of finishing then, I want to go to the Ralph Lauren Store and Gap.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. My husband is head of my home. I am a proud Roman Catholic, as is my husband.             Aimee

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:49 PM

I love their stuff, it is so cute. I have been getting my oldest jeans from True Religion they fit her so well! I got the Mini Boden book yesterday and there is some CUTE stuff in there, I am think Christmas on that.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I want a Ralph Lauren store!!!

We have to order Ralph Lauren online... or hope that Macy's has a few of their collection.

Quoting lapcounter:

It's not the home I love, but the life that is lived here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)