Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow, i've only seen it in movies...until today.

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:48 PM
  • 96 Replies

I went to planned parenthood today to have my IUD removed....i had never been there before, well there was about 100 people outside with anti-abortion signs and they were all chanting, i have never seen anything like this before and i didn't even know people did it! I am very pro-life but i don't think i would ever stand outside of planned parenthood for hours on end. Have any of you ever done this?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kemmerer411
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:50 PM
Were you in morristown nj? Cuz I witnessed the samething outside the pp there today. Odd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rileysmommy229
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Quoting kemmerer411:

Were you in morristown nj? Cuz I witnessed the samething outside the pp there today. Odd.

nope.. i'm in Irmo, SC

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Nikki1189
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Ive never done it but i am Pro-Choice. I have had it done to me, had ppl yelling in my face baby killer as i walked in. I guess they didnt realize planned parenthood provides birth-control, prenatal visits, std testing, etc etc. hey didnt know what i was going in for and really shouldnt be shouting anything in anyones face.

nemiller
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:54 PM

i've never done it and never seen it.  i've only been to planned parenthood once to take my SIL to get birth control.  it was just a little office in a strip mall, so maybe the protesters just didn't notice it?

EbonySnow
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:55 PM

I have protested outside a planned parenthood. More than once, and once outside the hspital that commits the most abortions in my state. We do it in the hopes that we can convince even one woman to keep her child and to show that we (the prolife movement) will not be silenced. At each rally that I have participated in at least one woman has heard our message and found help and hope that she did not have before and kept her baby.  

stacey0716

They don't even do abortions at the PP I go to.

auntietotty
by Elizabeth on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Many years ago when I was 17 (Im 45 now) I went to a planned parenthood to get birth control pills and I encountered that too. It freaked me out! I was there to PREVENT an unplanned pregnancy, not to terminate one!

By the way..it was in KC Missouri.

kemmerer411
Musta been a national movement of some kind. Odd.

Quoting rileysmommy229:

Quoting kemmerer411:

nope.. i'm in Irmo, SC

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:56 PM

I am pro-life, but I don't think I have the right to shout at anybody, so I would not be involved in something like that. 

Ohiomomto2
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:57 PM

I've done silent protests outside of a Planned Parenthood, but not on their lot, on the sidewalk, and it was on a Sunday after church, so they were closed.  We held signs up that only had words on them...  NO pictures of aborted fetuses though, and as I said, we weren't screaming, just standing there holding signs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)