Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am I gettin mad over nothing??? update on page 2

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:52 PM
  • 18 Replies

Please tell me if I'm gettin mad over nothing! I just had a baby last week and I have three kids. my sister-in-law has 4 kids also and she ask my mother-in-law if she can watch the kids and she said yes. My mother-in-law brings them over at my house and leaves. She doesn't ask if its ok if she can watch them over here. I"m mad cuz I just had a baby and I"m tired I still have to watch my other kids now I have to watch 4 more. When my dh and I tell her that it was wrong of her to do this and think we will watch them even though she said she will watch them. She gets mad and thinks we are being rude. Am I gettin mad over nothing? She doesn't this all the time. sorry I just need to vent!!

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kemmerer411
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:54 PM
Ummm no. I would be furious. And that would NOT ever happen again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lightoftheworld
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:54 PM

OMG I would be pissed!  I would call your SIL and tell her that the kids are at your house- and that you are NOT willing to babysit.  She needs to come get her kids!

Aamy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Nope you are totally in the right to be upset. Tell her then that she is no longer welcome over to your home until she can respect YOUR home. I would of called dear SIL up and told her to come get her brood out of YOUR home and take them BACK to MIL so SHE can watch them. 

nemiller
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:55 PM

no, she's being very rude and i would have said something when she looked like she was goign to leave.  that would not fly with me.  having a baby is exhausting work and these people who have also had children should KNOW that.

babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:56 PM

You are not wrong for being mad.  That is really rude of her to do.  Even if you didn't just have a baby it is still really rude, she said she would watch them.  She needs to watch them, not leave them with you. 

Click above to join in.  You too could win a trophy and have fun doing it.

Chey_s_Mommy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:56 PM

I would be pissed. You just had a baby and have kids of your own.

I don't understand why she thinks your being rude, when she is the one who decided to bring them over to your house and then leave.

1_hawt_mami

iwouldnt even answer the door for her anymore or her phone calls.. thats bs!

deek3579

Thats rude on her part.... if someone says that they are going I would be p o'ed if my mil did that to me and I would be also p o'ed if my mil dropped my kids off at someone else's house when she said that she'd be watching them. Does your SIL know her kids are at your house?

Daruth
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:00 PM

wow no you have a right to be upset what she did was just rude and i agree iw ould have called sil and been like come get them now they have been left here and im not watching them

babyfat5
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:02 PM

I would have called SIL and told her to pick her kids up that you can't watch them. I would have been freakin pissed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)