Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wives of freemasons?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:00 PM
  • 37 Replies

Dh is petitioning to get into the freemasons. All I know is that there are lots of secrets and most of which he can't tell me. I know we pay a lot of money in dues. The freemasons give to charitable donations.. and that's the extent of my knowledge. Are there any wives of freemasons that want to let me know what I'm in for?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:02 PM

They did my grandfather's funeral and freaked me the fuck out.My grandaddy was a mason and my grandmother was eastern star.

As far as being married to one,you should know that it is not a Christian organization(which can be a good thing).That is about all I know without going into some of the craziness.

mrsJLA
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:04 PM

BUMP!

1_hawt_mami
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:04 PM

what is that ive never heard of that....

mrsJLA
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:05 PM

DH and his friend are petitioning too. He had an in home interview but they can only take so many at a time, so he has to wait til this September to even start.

I'm not worried about secrets though. I have done enough in my sorority that he doesn't know about.

AnitaVersion2.0
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:09 PM

My dad's a freemason.  You're not "in for" anything.  It's like Rotary or any other club that does a lot of community service. 

melissabilliot
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:40 PM

i watched a thing on history channel about them....pretty cool...i did seem like it was very secertive...

lyranightshade
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 9:22 AM

It just seems weird that he won't be able to tell me ANYTHING that he does. I think it's weird that he'd have a part of his life that I can't share in.

Quoting AnitaVersion2.0:

My dad's a freemason.  You're not "in for" anything.  It's like Rotary or any other club that does a lot of community service. 

lyranightshade
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 9:26 AM

I know the general history of it... and since neither of us are Christian, it's not going to interfere with our moral ethos. lol I just wonder how hard it is to not be told what your husband's doing, you know? There's nothing we don't share in our lives.

Quoting laranadtony:

They did my grandfather's funeral and freaked me the fuck out.My grandaddy was a mason and my grandmother was eastern star.

As far as being married to one,you should know that it is not a Christian organization(which can be a good thing).That is about all I know without going into some of the craziness.

Terri705
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 9:26 AM

you CAN share in it! just find an eastern star (sister of the freemasons) they pretty much do the same stuff!!! its actually pretty cool! my dad and most of my cousins are part of the lodge in my home town LoL  yea a lot of it is private (not gonna say secret like he's ashamed to say anything) but that is how the freemasons are! i think he'll really enjoy it!

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 9:29 AM

My Ex was in....the "hazing"  or what ever they call it for him was brutal and he has permanent welt scars on his butt from it. This was done in Germany in 1999 though....other than that thats I all I can remember.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)