Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've got 2 new babies! UPDATED

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:09 PM
  • 23 Replies

Well...i dont personally, but my sugar gliders are parents. LOL. My mom noticed today that Lil Lady (my female) has 2 babies in the pouch. They are about a week old and should come out of the pouch in about 8 more weeks...we think. They stay in the pouch for around weeks. YAY...so excited!

UPDATE: ok, so the babies are starting to actually come out of mamas pouch a little bit..they are still attached to her boobies though, but they are older than we thought. They are about 4-5 weeks in the pouch now. YAY!

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
judy_bug08
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:30 PM

BUMP!

bbyblueAK
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:34 PM
thats kool. sugar gliders r neat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2dane07
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:35 PM
Awwe my older brother wants one. Do you really like them? Anything he should know if he does get one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
judy_bug08
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I love them. I noticed Lil Lady has been really crabby lately, and won't let anyone touch her without biting..and that is a big sign of her having babies. There are alot of good websites that explain stuff. They do make alot of noises...we keep ours downstairs, so when we go to bed, we usually don't hear them. We let ours out at night after the kids go to bed and put them back in the cage before we go to bed BUT my mom and my sister have an empty bedroom that they let theirs run around in at night.

Here is a good website for them. If you click on "Gliderpedia" there is a sounds page so you can hear their sounds. http://www.sugarglider.com/.

They eat fruits, veggies....just about any people food. They are best kept in pairs, a male and female..i feed them about a 1/4 cup of something. The next night i give them something else so they don't get bored with their food. Now since Lil Lady has 2 babies, i will have to make sure to keep some yogurt or something high in calcium in the cage too.

Oh, im also not sure if the website says it or not..but they can NOT swim. My mom lost one of her gliders because someone left the toilet seat cover up and it crawled under the door and got into the toilet. And also, a brother and sister glider wont mate.

sorry im rambling...lol. Here is a pic of Fatso, my male...cant ever get a good pic of Lil Lady, but she has the blond gene in her, so we may end up with blond babies (which almost double in price). There is alot the website may not say, i haven't looked over it too well...my mom has been raising gliders for a long time, and i have helped her...at one time, my mom had like 10 of them...lol.

Quoting mom2dane07:

Awwe my older brother wants one. Do you really like them? Anything he should know if he does get one?

judy_bug08
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:54 PM

you also have to check the laws to make sure you dont need a license to have them since they are considered exotic

Quoting mom2dane07:

indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:56 PM

KOOL!!! I wanna see pics of them when they come out of her Pouch!!!!

Cheyennesmommy4
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:57 PM

That's cool.

candipandi
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:59 PM

really cool!! and me too!!

Quoting indianamom1985:

KOOL!!! I wanna see pics of them when they come out of her Pouch!!!!

kltinsley
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:01 PM

awe pics!  I love sugar gliders, a friend of ours used to have 2. 

xXxLillithxXx
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:03 PM

awww! I love sugargliders!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)