• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those trying to lose weight

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:20 PM
  • 8 Replies

Heres a helpful calorie calculator I found today

http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/calculators/calories-required/

You enter all your info and then calculate and it tells you by week how many calories you can consume a day to reach your goal weight in the amount of time you specified. Also there is an app on iphone called "live strong" if your phone is jailbroken you can get it for free I did and there it keeps track of everything you eat and any excersize you do. I wanted to post for any of you who might find it beneficial and also I'm trying to keep my head in the game...today has been really hard for me resisting the urge to snack and drink soda soooo maybe this stuff can help someone out there who's in the same boat as me.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
nemiller
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:21 PM

i use sparkpeople, which i like a lot.  it tracks and saves everything all in one place.

xXxLillithxXx
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:24 PM

I've heard of it before, just not familiar with it I should check it out

Nightshadeisis
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:27 PM

I just have signed up there.  Haven't gotten to dive headlong into it yet, but my cousin Chelli uses it and swears by it.  From what I have seen, it's EXTREMELY indepth, supportive, and detailed. 

I like to carry a pocket calorie counter in my purse with me so that when I write down what I've eaten for the day I can go ahead and jot that down in the book too.  Keeping track makes you SO much more aware of what you eat!

CeeGee81
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:29 PM

BUMP!

xXxLillithxXx
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:30 PM

This just helped me know how many calories I COULD have to achieve my desired weight loss. It gave me a chart for the next year and each week the calories I can have slowly declines...I like it because cutting out all my calories cold turkey was depressing me so much today I have a serious addiction to snacking.

ElevenEleven
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:37 PM
Bump for computer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barfydoogin
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Bump for later

Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:41 PM
Thank you for posting this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)