• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car Seat To Harness To At Least 65 lbs

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:22 PM
  • 23 Replies

Hi Ladies!  We have had a really bad day.  We went school shopping for the older kids and my 2 Britax Froteirs were stolen from my car.  I had nothing else of value and for some reason my Radian XTSL's were not taken =(.  MY oldest dd is about 48" and 70 lbs - she can safely use a booster at this point, but my 5 year old is 40lbs, 37" and needs to be harnessed.  I don't know if I can afford another Frontier at this point.  I would love a seat that harnesses til 85lbs, but even 65 would be great!  I need your help in finding a great seat with high limits at the lowest price available.  If you have any suggestions or places to buy PLEASE let me know!  I need a carseat ASAP!  Thanks in advance!

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iansusie
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Graco nautilus harnesses to 65lbs

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:23 PM

first off call your car insurance...they may cover the theft!

Second the graco nautilus is great and the evenflo generation 65 is ok...not nearly as tall for the height though

klianemcb2
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:24 PM

why won't your car insurance pay for them?

heather406
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:25 PM

The Graco My Ride 65 harnesses until 65lbs. 

vangel34
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Dd has this and loves it! They sell it at walmart for $155.

Quoting iansusie:

adri_nevarez
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:31 PM

My insurance will only cover for items that were original to the car.  I can have it covered through my home owner's insurance but I have a 1000 deductible.  My older daughter can get away with riding in a booster - however, my 2nd can't.  Im just so mad because those seats were so expensive!

adri_nevarez
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:31 PM

What height can the Nautilus harness to?

ShannieP
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:34 PM
Take her to target or whatever and try her out in the nautilus. I dont know the exact height specs on it, but its fairly high.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShadowRaven
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:37 PM

We have one for my ds, he loves it. We'll be getting another one for my mom's car when we get our tax refund next year.

Quoting iansusie:

sweet.lil.mama
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:37 PM

wow..what low life would steal carseats? and only 2? LOL i can see this on people of walmart...a moms fatass in a car window stealing carseats HAH...on another note, im sorry that happened to you...i would try the nautilus

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)