• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For Women Who have had C/s's gotta ?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:18 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ok so I have an issue.. I am an overweight mama, and have had two c/s. I was wondering if I could take like dove deodorant on the section spot to stop the smell and some of the sweat... dont wanna ask a dr, so i thought id ask here...

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.thickie.thick.
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:19 PM

i've never had a 'smell' so idk...but heres a bump

indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:20 PM

baby powder!

It works the best!! Keeps it dry and it smells good!!

Put it on there EVERY morning and after each shower!

Patience909
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:20 PM
No smell sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HadleyAzure
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Are they healed ?

madiberry
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:21 PM

I've had two c-sections myself, I haven't had much of an odor except when I first had them done. I don't see why it would be a problem unless it hasn't all of the way healed then I wouldn't put anything down there. Just wash &dry it really good.

Trinity0820
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:24 PM

yeah they are healed... unfortunatly I have a flap that covers it... When I sweat it sweats.  As I said i am a bit overweight so yeah...

Quoting HadleyAzure:

Are they healed ?

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
xXxLillithxXx
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:26 PM

I've never noticed a smell....I would say if your having a sweat problem then deodorant would work fine and as someone already said baby powder

piercedbeauty21
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:30 PM

I have the same problem! My skin apron hangs over my scar (I'm overweight too) and I use baby powder or cornstarch. As for the smell, mine smells when I sweat A LOT or try and wear jeans that hug my scar. I just wipe it with a feminine cleansing wipe (you can find them in the pads/tampon aisle) and they work wonders. Hope that helps :)

jenn75
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Be careful with cornstarch - yeast infections love cornstarch! Yeast can & will grow anywhere warm & moist. Flap of the stomach, under breasts, etc.

Quoting piercedbeauty21:

I have the same problem! My skin apron hangs over my scar (I'm overweight too) and I use baby powder or cornstarch. As for the smell, mine smells when I sweat A LOT or try and wear jeans that hug my scar. I just wipe it with a feminine cleansing wipe (you can find them in the pads/tampon aisle) and they work wonders. Hope that helps :)

piercedbeauty21
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Good to know. Thanks!

Quoting jenn75:

Be careful with cornstarch - yeast infections love cornstarch! Yeast can & will grow anywhere warm & moist. Flap of the stomach, under breasts, etc.

Quoting piercedbeauty21:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)