• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Types of...

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:48 PM
  • 37 Replies

Birth control!! So i was wondering what type of birth control methods are out there nowadays and what works best for you. I am horrible at taking pills so the pill is out of the question. I dont want the nuva-ring cuz ive heard really bad stuff about it. I want a type that i can have and just forget about it all together!! Any ideas? 

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
piercedbeauty21
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Eh, I don't use bc (don't want my body full of chemicals, so we use condoms) but my friends like the patch. The only problem is, is that they run outta places to put it when it's time to change it to a  new location.

Princess7777
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:51 PM

I take a pill.  I've see commercials for Mirana.

3earthangels
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:53 PM

There's always the IUDs like Merina (hormonal) and Paragurd (non-hormonal). Or the Implanton ( 1 toothpick like, flexible stick placed under the skin in the upper arm or thigh. Hormonal.).

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:53 PM

My sister uses NuvaRing and loves it! She has PCOS and it's the only one she can use that she knows will control her cysts.
I do natural family planning. It's not something you can just "forget" though. You have to track your cycle and learn to know you body's signs of ovulation!

Group Owner of Crunchy Mama Contests!

college.mom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:54 PM

What have you heard about the ring? that is what I go on after I have the baby.

SamiJ18
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:54 PM
I'm getting the Implanon in October...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teen_mommy2010
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:55 PM

I know all my signs of ovulation, i just hate condoms and dont want toh ave another baby right after i have this one lol. I had depo but it made me so fat!!! 

Quoting MIA0223:

My sister uses NuvaRing and loves it! She has PCOS and it's the only one she can use that she knows will control her cysts.
I do natural family planning. It's not something you can just "forget" though. You have to track your cycle and learn to know you body's signs of ovulation!

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:57 PM

I guess your best bet would be an IUD then. They have Mirena that lasts 5 years or if you want it out before then. One of my friends is VERY fertile and had 4 kids in 4 years before getting Mirena, no kids for the past 3 years!

Quoting teen_mommy2010:

I know all my signs of ovulation, i just hate condoms and dont want toh ave another baby right after i have this one lol. I had depo but it made me so fat!!! 

Quoting MIA0223:

Group Owner of Crunchy Mama Contests!

mrsjksimmons
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:58 PM

I have the Mirena IUD and love it. I don't have to worry about it for 5 years. I don't have any periods (which is great for me because I have always had super heavy and extremely painful periods). I am in love with it.

teen_mommy2010
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Just like pains in the chest,stuff like that and it makes depression worse. Which isnt something i really need lol.

Quoting college.mom:

What have you heard about the ring? that is what I go on after I have the baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)