Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help me wean!! please

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:16 PM
  • 12 Replies
This is the first night I'm weaning my 20 mo old and she won't stop asking,how do I survive the night? She obviously tired but just wants chi chi"! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamacita4two
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:29 PM
Thanks everyone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnglNaturalMama
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:31 PM

I don't have any advice, my 3 and a half year old nurses when she wakes up and when she goes to bed, it works for us...any particular reason you need to wean now?

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:36 PM
Im not sure... Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stevensmomma
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Just go cold turkey and no means no she needs to learn she does not needs it any more she's a big girl now

tinasfriend
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:37 PM

give her something else to drink and cuddle with her while she drinks it

tinasfriend
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:39 PM

most importantly stick to your guns. otherwise she'll think if she goes on long enough you'll give in

ZoeCY
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:39 PM

I'm not sure, my 2.5 year old (who is my first) still nurses so I am of no help to you.  Good luck though.

lilahsmommie
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Try to get  her dad to help put her down for a couple of nights. And don't give in, that will only make it worse.

SnglNaturalMama
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:40 PM

what caring, gentle, loving advice. Sounds like you really know what you're talking about eye rolling

Quoting Stevensmomma:

Just go cold turkey and no means no she needs to learn she does not needs it any more she's a big girl now

Natural birthing, extended breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not vaccinating, organic-eating, single, full-time student mommy, and loving it!!!

Stevensmomma
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Quoting SnglNaturalMama:

what caring, gentle, loving advice. Sounds like you really know what you're talking about eye rolling

Quoting Stevensmomma:

Oh wow get off your high horse people don't need to breast feed forever !!!  People don't NEED to or WANT to breast feed forever it's not necessary  are you going to send your child to preschool with a boob in her mouth I guess you are!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)