• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tampons???

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:18 PM
  • 17 Replies

Does your cervix change shapes after pregnancy? I used to be able to use tampons just fine, even after DD #1 was born. Ever since DD #2 was born (2 years ago) I can't wear them anymore. They don't fit right, fall out....etc....

Why??

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Suri2010
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:22 PM
Bump! That's a good question
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof4bzN2gz
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:23 PM

I think it must cause i am having a similar issue i have had to switch from playtex gentle glide to the kotex U

CMcLaws
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:29 PM

I uses to use Playtex sport before DD#2 and love them, but (obviously) can't use them now. Just tonight, I decided to try the gentle glide - I got it in, but still feel weird. Like it's going to fall out if I sneeze.

Quoting momof4bzN2gz:

I think it must cause i am having a similar issue i have had to switch from playtex gentle glide to the kotex U

nlmorus06
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:36 PM

If you are having a problem with your tampons and keeping them in properly or comfortably now then you should ask you ob/gyn about it. He/she may be able to tell you what's going on and if there is anything you can do, such as using a particular brand. They may even be able to give you a clue to why this is happening. Good luck!

nurbabe82
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:39 PM

I have had issues too with tampons since I had my son 4 yrs ago. I just can't get them comfortable, like I am putting it in wrong. IDK, they're just uncomfortable and before ds that was all I used.

Nymomma84

I have the same problem!! I thought it was just me! Ever since I had my daughter 3 years ago, tampons dont fit right. I have to use pads. Which I hate! I can get them in, but like you said, it feels like they are gonna fall out if I cough or sneeze, lol.

Quoting CMcLaws:

I uses to use Playtex sport before DD#2 and love them, but (obviously) can't use them now. Just tonight, I decided to try the gentle glide - I got it in, but still feel weird. Like it's going to fall out if I sneeze.

Quoting momof4bzN2gz:

ForeverInLove
Is it possible that your pelvic floor muscles have dropped? If you didn't work on your kegels, this can happen during pregnancy or after child birth. Myabe the tampon is just sitting low now because everything is sitting lower...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
R0X
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Try O.B.   they work great, and you flare the bottom w/ the string, so it doesn't feel like it's gonna fall out, OR fall out.

Princess7777
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:42 PM

It does change shapes.  It gets bigger like when your hips get bigger also sorry to tell you this.  Sometimes the hips will get bigger.

acaisha
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:43 PM

I have that until I get my hips adjusted at the chiropractor then I am okay again.. not sure why

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)