• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What a craptastic day!!! **UPDATE**

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:18 PM
  • 22 Replies

We live in an old house..and we were starting to get spiders (which I HATE) in the house. No bad poisonous spiders..just normal house spiders I guess, but I did see a couple of black widow spiders outside...so I thought it was time to bug bomb our house just in case.

So Thursday I spent the whole day packing up all of our dishes, food, ect so that we could bomb the house. I did all of that by myself with my 3 kids here with me while DH worked (that really sucked..don't ever try to do such a big project when you are alone with 3 kids..lol). We set the bombs off Thursday night while we spent the night with my  IL's. We aired the house out on Friday (we gave it a full day to air out because my youngest has allergies and eczema and we thought it needed plenty of time to get fresh air..). Then today I came in to start cleaning up everything really well (again because of my youngest..things need to be very clean). Well, I started washing ALL of the blankets, sheets, towels, etc tonight so everything was clean for the kids to go to bed. I got 2 loads done..and then the washing machine started leaking water from underneath it! I can't freaking believe that the washing machine had to break today!! I swear, I think I'm cursed...nothing ever works out right for me...something like this ALWAYS happens! UGH. Why me?!? This sucks!!!

Update: I think I fixed my washing machine!! There was a leaky drain hose on the back.

I just finished a load of laundry, and I didn't have to mop up a flood in the laundry room floor...so that's a good sign, right?? LOL. **fingers crossed** that it stays fixed, and doesn't start leaking again...I'm on my second load of laundry now, so we will see how it goes..

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1busymomma03
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:24 PM

BUMP!

1busymomma03
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Any one else had a shitty day?? Tell me what's gone wrong for you today?

Or tell me something to make me laugh... I could really use a good laugh...well, I could use a good drink..but I'm home alone with the kids, so a laugh will have to do. LOL

MonicaE521
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Well, maybe the water would drown any spiders that survived the bombs..........

1busymomma03
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:41 PM

LOL. Now that's a good way of looking at it.. It did also make my laundry room floor sparkly and clean when I mopped it all up. =)

Quoting MonicaE521:

Well, maybe the water would drown any spiders that survived the bombs..........

SamiJ18
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:42 PM
Ooooh the bad voodoo is following you too????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deek3579
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:44 PM

I didn't want to get out of bed this AM so that inturn made me later than usual which caused me not to be able to get my morning coffee! That majorly sucked donkey balls!

1busymomma03
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:44 PM

It's been following me for years. LOL.

Quoting SamiJ18:

1busymomma03
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:46 PM

OMG.. I say that all of the time (the part in red). I've never heard any one else ever say it. LOL

Hope tomorrow is better for you..and hope you get your morning coffee. =)

Quoting deek3579:

I didn't want to get out of bed this AM so that inturn made me later than usual which caused me not to be able to get my morning coffee! That majorly sucked donkey balls!

SamiJ18
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:47 PM
Meeeeee too! I will find whoever is responsible for the spell one day and when I do, I will bitch slap them lol.

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Quoting SamiJ18:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1busymomma03
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:55 PM

LOL.

All of our friends (and family and anyone else that knows us) will all tell you that DH and I have the worst luck in the entire world.. I could tell you a thousand stories of our shitty luck.. Some of them are just downright crazy...things that just don't happen to other people. LOL.

Here's one story:

Dh had lasik eye surgery a few years ago. It's a very simple procedure...people do it all of the time and it turns out fine, right? Well, DH had it done, and then gets a massive infection in not one but BOTH eyes. And it wasn't  just a mild infection, it was what the doctor's called a super bug. He had to have a specially formulated IV medication that they turned into eye drops. I had to put them in his eyes every hour around the clock for weeks in a row. The eye drops were so strong, that it burned the outer layer of his eyes off and left tons of scar tissue. At one point, they were saying he may lose his eye sight because despite all of the different medicines we were using, the infection continued to spread and get worse.. The infection did finally go away, but he had to have the procedure redone because the scar tissue was so bad that his eye sight was worse than before he had the surgery.

The doctor's said the chances of getting a mild infection in ONE eye after having lasik is 1 in 44,000...but DH had a major infection in both eyes... They couldn't even tell us what the chances of that was... But how does that sound for some major bad luck??? LOL

Quoting SamiJ18:

Meeeeee too! I will find whoever is responsible for the spell one day and when I do, I will bitch slap them lol.

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Quoting SamiJ18:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)