Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pay tithes or get SHOT!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:25 PM
  • 48 Replies

It is my understanding that tithing is NO LONGER applicable. I just find it odd that all of these "New Testament" churches throw out all of the law EXCEPT that of tithing....why is that?

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT saying that believers should not give. BY ALL MEANS GIVE, but according to what you are able and upon your own freewill, NOT because of some scare tactic or the perverted teachings being fed to believers of these mega churches.

Watch and comment at your own discretion...

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MzGreco
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:32 PM

That is truly disgusting!

Camey82
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:38 PM

In case you don't feel like watching the clip, this man's remedy for non-tithing members would be implementing a revolving bar that will only move after you swipe you card and have access granted based on your tithing record. For NON tithing members, guards would be alerted by a siren that yells "crook, crook, crook". Then all the perps would be lined up and shot at with machine guns and dumped in a mass grave....but since and only since their sins are covered by the blood of "Jesus" does he not try to implement such a process.

Camey82
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:39 PM

By "that" you mean what he's proposing?

Quoting MzGreco:

That is truly disgusting!

NattysMommy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:42 PM

This (first part) doesn't seem like he is being serious at all....:/ it is VERY sick if he is serious!

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:44 PM
Well its supposed to be giving towards Gods church to do Gods work ie shelter assistance for less fortunate missions etc. I agree with you. People shouldn't be strong armed into giving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maybaby08
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:46 PM

I can't watch, my computer is stupid, but I read what someone posted about the clip. OMG. Wow. I give what I feel comfortable giving. We went to a church that asked us to put God and the church BEFORE our personal financial problems. That was our last time going there. We believe in giving... but I'm sorry our bills come first. I think God will understand.

JBDslittlemam08
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:50 PM

hum, one reason why I refuse to practice organized religon! I'm a Christian and I don't have to go to church to prove that. I give back in other ways, my time, working with children in the community, giving food to homeless......things that truly help. I hate when they preach about money.....God doesn't care if we give the church money; He cares about how we live our lives, and what we CAN give back, not everyone can afford to give money but can give our time. It's horrible what they are trying to persuade people of the faith.....it's a shame!

nemiller
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:01 PM

wow, you'd hope that someone so famous in his line of work would at least understand what his faith teaches.  yes, tithing is taught in the bible.  but, it's clearly supposed to be between god and the giver.  not a price you pay for the priviledge to attend a certain church.

Camey82
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:08 PM

I agree. It shouldn't be used as an admission to church.

It is taught in the bible, in the old testament....why they don't throw that one out the way they do every other law in the old testament is what I really don't understand.

Quoting nemiller:

wow, you'd hope that someone so famous in his line of work would at least understand what his faith teaches.  yes, tithing is taught in the bible.  but, it's clearly supposed to be between god and the giver.  not a price you pay for the priviledge to attend a certain church.

Camey82
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:12 PM

I totally understand your distaste for "organized religion". Your efforts to help others are commendable and I'm sure the Most High appreciates it way more than the money given by others begrudgingly to a corrupt teacher.

Quoting JBDslittlemam08:

hum, one reason why I refuse to practice organized religon! I'm a Christian and I don't have to go to church to prove that. I give back in other ways, my time, working with children in the community, giving food to homeless......things that truly help. I hate when they preach about money.....God doesn't care if we give the church money; He cares about how we live our lives, and what we CAN give back, not everyone can afford to give money but can give our time. It's horrible what they are trying to persuade people of the faith.....it's a shame!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)