• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beach stories....

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:26 PM
  • 6 Replies

Every year on my Birthday [today] it either always rains or I have to work my butt off that day. I cant ever just go to the beach and relax. Well today DH and I attempted to go to the beach with one of our friends and the water was red tide I think. The water kept coming up to where every one's stuff was on the beach. It was funny watching every squirm to catch their stuff. This one family was all laying out [overcast] and the water came up hard and washed over everyone and everything and all you heard were screams. Lol. Then it started raining really really hard and everyone started running for their cars [like a little bit of rain after you were already in the water was going to hurt them].

It was funny to watch.

Does anyone have a funny beach story?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
_mimimosley_
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:29 PM

i ♥ the beach. everyday mission bay!

momofgirls63
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:31 PM

No, but Happy Birthday!

Gecko85
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:42 PM

I don't have a funny one, but I have tons of happy beach memories. When I was a very little girl my parents used to go to the beach with a couple who had a condo and a child the same age as me. We were all very close friends and this girl and I used to build sand castles on the beach. My mother and I used to watch the sunset together (it is one of my few fond memories of her). My dad and I used to play bucking bronco in the pool (i would ride on his shoulders and he would toss me into the deep end all the way from the shallow end. I loved it. This was before he passed away and my mom became an alcoholic. The girl lives in DC now. I have plans to take my DD to the Virginia Beach with her one day next summerish.

bluejupalex
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:42 PM

I have 2.  My cousin and I took our kids to Clearwater Beach; her son was a toddler, my daughter was around 6-7.  My cousin was in her mid-20s at the time, and drop dead gorgeous.  An overweight middle-aged man was nearby with his wife.  For whatever reason, he had to pick something up off the sand in front of us.  I glanced up, and this overweight man in his speedo was bent over in front of me; I had a front row seat to his man-parts in a not-very-concealing speedo.  Without thinking, I screamed.  His wife chewed him OUT.  It was hilarious, but my cousin and I were both traumatized by the heavy man in a speedo.  To this day, I HATE seeing anybody in a speedo - whether he has the body for one or not.  lol

A few years later, my daughter and I were at the beach in Sarasota.  We were a little ways out in the water when my daughter spied an elderly lady nearby- wearing a bikini.  She screamed out, "OMG!  MY EYES!" She might've been 9 or 10 at the time.  The woman looked around, shooting daggers at my daughter with her eyes, and I couldn't do a thing but shrug.  She was lucky I managed not to laugh.  lol  The woman's skin looked like a road map; she had to be in her late 70s or early 80s.  I admire her for having the balls to wear a bikini, but at the same time, kids tend to tell the unvarnished truth - whether it's appreciated or not.  lol 

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:34 PM

happy birthday

my_too_kids
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:41 PM
Happy birthday!

Last year, my daughter and I(the rest of the family didn't want to come) got together with a close family at their beach house. We set up a tent and just sat to watch the waves. It started POURING. We were all clutching the tent to keep it from blowing away. We ended up having to run to take shelter under a stranger's house, because the thunder and lightening got really bad. We decided that it wasn't going to get any better anytime soon, so we made a run for it......on the side of the highway(toward their house). I didn't have time to get on a cover up either. We got so many honks, talk about embarrassing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)