Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question for stay at home moms

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:13 PM
  • 21 Replies
i just recently became a SAHM and i am finding hard to get into a new schedule. the house is so unorganized now before it was easy for me. I worked second shift and just cleaned up when i got home and they were still in bed. but now that i am asleep and awake when ever they are it is really hard for me to find time to clean. I have i very demanding two year old she want all my time spent with her sense i have stopped working i guess she is just happy i am with her alot more and a seven month old that always crys when i leave the room. SO my question is how do you manage the kids and keeping the house up at the same time. i am a mess because i always want to be in order and on a schedual. COULD SOME ONE TELL ME THERE NORMAL SCHEDUAL SO I CAN SOME HOW FIGURE OUT HOW TO ORGANIZE
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShawnaH2005
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:16 PM

BUMP!

bec94
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:21 PM
I understand! If you can, have your 2 yr old help with little things like dusting. My 3 yr old loves to use the swifter vacuum and do the dusting of baseboards. My 1 yr old still cries if I put her down, but sometimes it just has to be done. I find that if I leave a few toys and music on she will calm in a few minutes if she's not hungry or wet. It's rough with them awake, but a little at a time helps. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snugglesaurus
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:22 PM

When I had my 2nd baby, I had a hard time juggling everything and finding a good routine.

My routine is this: I wake up, feed the baby, then he's usually happy in his swing or bouncy chair for a while so I can make breakfast for my 2yo, clean the kitchen. Then when he takes his morning nap, I clean the things I need to for that day. Usually my 2yo is watching her morning cartoons or a movie, but if she's particularly clingy or bored, I give her a baby wipe or a cloth and ask her to dust for me. She loves to help.

Then that leaves the rest of the day pretty much open to do whatever.

MsDean
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:22 PM

I have a loose schedule

Breakfast at 7am

snack times 10 am and 3pm

lunch noonish

dinner around 530pm

bathtime 730pm

bedtime 8pm

During breakfast I make beds and lay out there clothes

after breakfast I get them dressed, brush teeth, etc..

I clean up for about 20 minutes a couple of times a day...it is usually after lunch while they play outside and after they go to bed. The rest of the time I try to keep them out of the house by going to the park and library or wherever so they cannot mess up the house, lol! They are ages 2 yrs 3 yrs and 6 yrs :)

Cmyfantasyworld
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:29 PM

I used to have an awesome routine lol, however it has gone by the wayside, though I am slowly starting to pick it up again. 

Right now I wake up when the kids do (occasionally I will wake up earlier so I can have a morning shower).First I change my sons diaper, then we go to the living room and watch a little tv..during this time I make beds..get dressed..empty my DD potty if she went during the night..pick out their clothes for the day, then we do breakfast,  then we brush our teeth, brush our hair, get dressed, then I pick up anything in the kitchen that didnt get picked up, then we go about our day.whatever has to get done gets done.. my kids play, watch tv, etc...  when my son was little he was a very cranky child so i did stuff when he napped or was watching baby einstein. Now that they are older they often want to help out, they do little things. 

My daughter who is two, almost three, gets money for picking up the living room..all their toys.and she puts that money in her piggy bank. 

My son who is 20 months now, takes his nap at 2pm.. my daughter watches tv or colors during that time. My husband gets off work at five and so at 4:30 we pick up the living room and start dinner. We normally have dinner right when he gets home, clean up the kiddos and do whatever until bath time. Kids are in bed by 8-8:30 at the latest. 

happymama0609
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:32 PM

I just clean when I can, my son likes to stand by the dishwasher while i load it up, i carry him while i vacume because he is scared of the sound, and he follows me around while i dust and stuff. We play games while cleaning. He is 14 months and we dont have a set schedule for cleaning. Sometimes stuff gets done, sometimes it doesn't. I think as long as the house looks clean you can skip one or 2 things a day. i clean the bathrooms and stuff requiring hard smelly cleaners while he is napping though

Isaacsmom5354
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:33 PM

It can be hard but you have to find a schedule or routine that works for your family. I have a 10 year old that has to be at school by 8am so I get up at 6am and take my shower and get dressed. I get him up and make him breakfast and he gets ready. I get my 2 year old up and get him fed and dressed and then we take my 10 year old to school. After we drop him off we run errands, if needed, and then come home. When we get home we have learning time. We will do workbook pages, flashcards, puzzles or some kind of art project. After that we might play a game or go outside. At about 10 or 10:30 I will tell him its time for mommy to clean and he will either help or go in his room to watch Tv or play. I will clean for about an hour and then I make lunch. After lunch its nap time and then its mommy time. I either work on my school work or fold clothes and watch TV.

I have a cleaning schedule also. I clean like one room a day and just pick up around the house everyday. Here is my schedule:

Monday- I clean the bathrooms.

Tuesday- I dust and clean my bedroom and my youngest sons bedroom

Wednesday- I dust and clean the living room

Thursday- I clean the hardwood floors and mop kitchen and bathrooms.

Friday- Anything I didn't get done during the week I catch up on Fridays.

My oldest son is responsible for his room.

tinasfriend
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:34 PM

clean during nap time!

MamaSince08
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Honestly, my daughter never cried when I left the room. She likes attention though. She throws fits a lot and I just ignore her and get what I need to, done.  I don't have an actual schedule, but I like to get things done early so that way later in the day I'm just picking things up, rather than actual cleaning.

iluv2meow
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Im lazy I just leave the house messy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)