Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Soccer question?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:31 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok my son was playing upstairs yesterday and fell off his bunk bed ladder.  Well i took him in today his hand was swelling.  And the way he landed he ended up breaking his wrist.  The doctor told me it would be 6 weeks before it healed and he is supposed to start soccer practice soon.  He has been looking forward to this for a long time.  I feel so bad for him will they let him sit out until he can play?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
judybant
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:35 PM

It depends. Is his a "fun" league, or a competitive one? The soccer league here is so competitive, even the youngest kids actually have to "try out", and not everyone gets to play. It's just like high school gym class. It's not about teaching teamwork and building skills, it's always about who gets to wrack up the most wins. If your soccer league is about having fun, building friendships, skills, and self esteem, then they might. Good luck! Poor kid!

steelersmomof4
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:41 PM

bump

momof3inTN
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Our soccer league is one of the "just for fun" leagues. And there have been several kids who have gotten broken arms or wrists in the past few years (either before or during the season), and usually, unless the doctor has advised against it, the league still lets the child play. Good luck! Call the league and/or the coach or ask when they call you. I hope they let him play. I know my kids would be devastated if they didn't get to play, they love soccer and look forward to it all year.

steelersmomof4
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Thank you.  I hope they will let him this is his first year playing and he is so excited.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)