Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so who do YOU think is right???

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:34 PM
  • 43 Replies

my almost ex husband and I got into a little argument today.. Keep in mind while we were going through our decision to divorce - AKA, him cheating on me...  he kept telling me how much he wanted to leave this base and go someplace else.

So, when I moved out I found a job at Uhaul in a city right beside base where he worked.. so he could see little man after work (which was rare) and he took him a few days a week and I had him on the weekends and a few days of the week.

Now, I was offered a management position in a different city - about 45 minutes away.  The pay is $6.37 MORE than what I was making before, and of course it will look excellent on my resume and help me keep moving up..  I was only with the company for 3 months - so I really worked my ass off for this.

Today, he got upset with me because he will have to drive all the way out here (I offered to drive little man to him) and he asked my why I just didn't keep my other job, that he would have helped pay for things I couldn't afford, etc, etc....   WTH?  So, I should have turned down a promotion just so I can bum money off him, just so he can finally get orders to leave - then what would happen?? 

Anyway...  thoughts?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiernansmom08
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Sounds like he is pissed that you are making your own way and starting your own life without leaning on him or being tied to him financially. Too bad, he should have thought of all that before he cheated.  You go momma, congrats on the promotion.

CuteandCurvy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Make your move, if he really wants to see his son THAT badly he'll drive the 45 minutes, why should you depend on him for money for the things you want.

pennycandy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:37 PM

You do what is right for you and your son !

cograts on the promotion!

MOMby19
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Quoting kiernansmom08:

Sounds like he is pissed that you are making your own way and starting your own life without leaning on him or being tied to him financially. Too bad, he should have thought of all that before he cheated.  You go momma, congrats on the promotion.

NananRaysmom

No matter what he says...its BEST you do as much as you can for yourself and depend on him as little as possible. 

A racist is someone who is winning an argument with a Liberal...

woodit2u

take the promotion!

tinasfriend
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:39 PM

i think you should take the job

greeneyez55
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:40 PM

yeah, he's so flippin weird...   When I was working at my last job I explained that I could make it if he just payed the $400 a month for childcare... would he??  Heck no!!  He said "I thought I was only gonna have to pay for 2 weeks."

And he came to me the other month begging for money cause he blew it all going out partying... 

Quoting CuteandCurvy:

Make your move, if he really wants to see his son THAT badly he'll drive the 45 minutes, why should you depend on him for money for the things you want.

veganmommy04
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:41 PM

hell girl, take that new job!!!!  support yourself.  and your right, he will eventually get orders for somewhere else.  don't ruin your future to please a man the betrayed you

judybant
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:41 PM

I think he's under the impression that he still has a say in what you do with your life. Poor, poor, misguided man. Good luck with that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)