Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need computer help or I'm going to smash my computer!!!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:38 PM
  • 17 Replies
I don't know what happened to it! It was completely and totally fine before we moved, and it's been sitting in the room this whole time!
Now, when I turn it on, the keys light up, but the screen stays black. Then it turns off and on, like it restarts but doesn't get there and reboots itself, over and over.

Idk wtf the deal is, nor do I have money to take it in to fix it!!!

Can anyone help me?!

And if you don't know can you bump please please please!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Princess7777
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:41 PM

This computer does this to me.  It takes a while for it to get computed after it's been unplugged a little bit.  I would unplug the whole thing.  I usually, un plug the computer cord from the back of the computer wait a minute and plug it back in.  Hopefully, that will help.  If I have to sometimes I unplug everything even from the wall if I have to.  I would make sure everything is plugged in tightly sometimes if it's loose it will act up.  I hope it helps.

Lullababy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:41 PM

BUMP!

Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Oh honey, I hate to tell you this. But, when my computer started doing this, it was the motherboard. It had went out and has to be replaced. Unfortunatly, it's an EMachine, and will cost 200 bucks to fix, which I don't have. Mine did exactly what you are describing though, good luck!!

CMcLaws
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Sounds like your hard drive went out..... DH agrees and he's a computer guru.

allurasmamma
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Power Supply needs changed out.

At least that is where we would start. SO builds them.

ElevenEleven
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:44 PM
I've tried and it's going like a broken record, and I think it's starting to over heating itself.

I wonder if this is going to be a kiss of death for it. ]: that would be so sad.

Thank you, I'll re try it. And thanks for the bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nurbabe82
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:44 PM

I can't help. I was ready to beat the hell out of the computer earlier b/c I couldn't figure out how to get pics from the camera onto the computer lol. Can we say operator fail on my part lol

xksmommy88
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Harddrive.. i just had to buy a new tower bc of that

allurasmamma
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:45 PM

If it isn't that (power supply). Then it is the hard drive.

Neither one of these parts are hard to find or major expensive. If you can put it in yourself.

Monica84
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:46 PM

we just had to do a factory reset on our computer because we had a virus that was making our computer shut down and then restart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)