Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do? Vent update Updated again

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:56 PM
  • 201 Replies

My so called friend lives 3 hours away and barely ever comes to town. Well I hadnt heard from her in a month and a half and then out of the blue yesterday she comes to my home and says hey I am in town. I said cool do you want to hang out? She says that she doesnt until the next day and that she wants me to baby sit her kids so she can go to the bar on friday night!!! I said no because I am pregnant and two weeks from delivery and she got in my face about it and left her kids at my house. I have had them since last night and I can't seem to get ahold of her and I have went to where she is staying and she wont answer the door... She has done this before and came back on sunday to pick them up. But it is super frustrating. What would you do? I am at the end of my ropes and I am getting very angry.

update:  I called the police and the girls freaked out when the cops took them away from me... the cop had to pry the youngest girl off of me... they were both crying and i feel horrible now.

2nd update: The father has been notified and he picked his kids up as of today.. He told the police to press abandoment charges on his wife because she hasnt contacted him since she has been in wenatchee! ALso he is taking the girls and divorcing his wife apparently. She did find out that I didnt have them and came here to start a fight but I let my neighbor know what she drove and he saw he coming and told me not to answer the door but my hubby did and she started a fight with him and the cops were called. We put a restraining order on her and had our neighbors write complaints as well. I feel bad but this is not how a friend behaves!!! I just am glad that the girls got their dad...

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2LnJ
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:00 AM
When she comes to get her kids, never talk to her again. It's obvious she is using you. Next time she tries to contact you, just ignore you. No one needs friends like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2LnJ
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:01 AM
*her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pregomommy255
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:03 AM

I changed my number last time she did this. the only way we would talk was email and i think thats why she came to my house. and I cant see whose at my door so I have to answer it to find out. I dont need her as a friend but its like I can't get away from her.

Quoting Mommy2LnJ:

When she comes to get her kids, never talk to her again. It's obvious she is using you. Next time she tries to contact you, just ignore you. No one needs friends like that.

gaugesmomma1209
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:04 AM

She wouldnt be a friend of mine for much longer

SnglNaturalMama
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:05 AM

What??? Why would you even consider opening the door for someone who just left her kids with you? She sounds like she should be locked up...either in jail or an institution. What kind of mother leaves her kids with someone they don't see often especially after this person said "NO I will not watch your kids"? Craziness! Scary...

MsDean
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Call the cops...she abondoned her children on soemone who stated they were not able to watch them. Now you cannot get ahold of her? WTF!

CuteandCurvy
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Sadly I'd call the cops.

mistx71
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:07 AM
I would call the cops and have them take the kids into CPS custody.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmomma1986
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:07 AM
Call the cops tell them she dropped her kids off and won't come get them or answere her do. I know they'll get her to answer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zoeysmom09
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:08 AM
This! And do it now

Quoting MsDean:

Call the cops...she abondoned her children on soemone who stated they were not able to watch them. Now you cannot get ahold of her? WTF!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)