Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

is homosexuality a trend amongst high schoolers?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2010 at 7:44 PM
  • 35 Replies

My best friend and I were just talking about this because my sister claims she's a lesbian, but every 2 weeks on facebook, she's in and out of a relationship with this guy.  My best friend knows her too, and her opinion is that she's just doing it because her friends are doing it.  

i remember when i was in H.S  there were a couple of gay and lesbians in our school. They were friends with everyone.   But right now it seems like the majority of  H.S girls claim they're bi or lesbian.  Just recently I found out my 14 year old sister is also "bi" and she goes to the same h.s my other sister goes to.  

I don't approve of it because I think they're doing it to fit in with their friends.  If they were really leasians then I would say go for it.  But one of them has an on and off relationship with some guy named Luis, and I think the other one is just doing it because my other sister is doing it.  

What do you ladies think?

by on Aug. 15, 2010 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heather406
by on Aug. 15, 2010 at 7:45 PM

It's cool to be gay nowadays.

So yes, I think it's a trend. 

acurran88
by on Aug. 15, 2010 at 7:46 PM

eh. Some of the people are legit. But some do it for attention. High Schoolers are oversexual these days. Both ways.

activitymode
by Coolest person ever! on Aug. 15, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Yes its very appealing for girls to say they are bi.  My whole feeling on it is if you won't eat a snatch then you aren't bi and stop being a retard.  What's the quickest way to attract male attention?  Make out with your friends....

Just_Bethy
by on Aug. 15, 2010 at 7:48 PM

I agree...blimey when I went to school...even if you were gay...you didn't tell anyone!!...Now...its fashionable...some will grow out of it...some will happily remain gay til they die....and although..its an odd fashion to me...Its a good sign its becoming more acceptable ...Hopefully...when these kids are making the Law and running the land..(Heaven help us)...It will be a better place for ANY alternative lifestyle or minority point of view!!

Quoting heather406:

It's cool to be gay nowadays.

So yes, I think it's a trend. 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

sxybxmami
by on Aug. 15, 2010 at 7:49 PM

lmfao, my sister told me she won't eat one, but "she's totally bi" 

Quoting activitymode:

Yes its very appealing for girls to say they are bi.  My whole feeling on it is if you won't eat a snatch then you aren't bi and stop being a retard.  What's the quickest way to attract male attention?  Make out with your friends....

DeeMarie87
by on Aug. 15, 2010 at 7:50 PM

You cant help what you are no matter the age, but some arent sure what that are yet, thats why they exlpore to find what they like

haileysmom2833
by on Aug. 15, 2010 at 7:52 PM

i think it is.  My DSD is 14 and her and a bunch of her friends all claim to be bi one week, then lesbian one week, then straight the following.  I want her to be happy, but I agree that it shouldn't be just to fit in

sxybxmami
by on Aug. 15, 2010 at 7:53 PM

I'm not so sure I agree with this. My bff is gay, and he's told me he's ALWAYS known he wasn't attracted to girls.  Its not like you wake up one morning and say "Hey I'm confused I think I'll like girls today, and boys tomorrow" 

Quoting DeeMarie87:

You cant help what you are no matter the age, but some arent sure what that are yet, thats why they exlpore to find what they like

Water_geM
by on Aug. 15, 2010 at 7:53 PM

maybe for some people..

but i think people don't have to hide their sexual feeling anymore..

if a girl likes a girl,its ok...

ff-princess
by on Aug. 15, 2010 at 7:55 PM

I think the teen years are a very trying time, trying to figure out who you are and where you fit in.  a lot of teens try on sexuality like they try on a dress for homecoming, discarding what doesn't work over time.  I like to call them trysexuals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)