Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How much do you spend on "back to school clothes"?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 10:51 PM
  • 118 Replies

What is your back to school clothes budget and for what age group?  Do you buy brand name (specifically for boys) or are you and your kids ok with Wal-mart stuff? 

by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
925red
by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 10:52 PM

So far I have spent over $500.00 all name brands. I still have plenty of things to get. I have one child. 10 years old son. Am I okay with Wal-mart stuff?... Sure but I haven't shopped there yet and I only am gonna get socks and underwear from there this year.

ILive4This
by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Nothing, right now.   It'll be hot for awhile, and he will wear his summer clothes.   His bday is in Nov, so he usually gets some clothes....if need be before then, I will get a couple things.   After his bday, is xmas....so, I dont usually do back to school clothes shopping.

SusanD
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2010 at 10:55 PM

I'm not certain honestly....I'd estimate around 325-350 and I still need to buy a couple of pairs of shorts, socks, and underpants. I have one school age child and he is 10. We've never spent this much before on him, but he apparently developed a fashion sense recently.

Are you an army wife? If so join us in Army Wives, the best military spouse group on CafeMom!

ILive4This
by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 10:55 PM

My ds is 10....although, he's the youngest of 4.   The rest all buy their own clothes now.

Lol mentioning "name brands". 

Quoting 925red:

So far I have spent over $500.00 all name brands. I still have plenty of things to get. I have one child. 10 years old son. Am I okay with Wal-mart stuff?... Sure but I haven't shopped there yet.

sweetcherry_59
by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 10:57 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krise
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2010 at 10:57 PM

200 for each kids total of 400.

We go to a bunch of places. Kohl's, Old Navy, my DD wants to go to this placed called Justice.

KME3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2010 at 11:01 PM
My daughter doesn't need any clothes right now...she will in winter and I'll probably spend 2-300 on clothes and shoes for my 7 & 2 year old....uumm wal-mart is ok I just got my daughter some skinny jeans from there....but I like target and kmart better and kohls.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catk78
by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 11:03 PM

our first daughter is going to catholic school, so we got used uniforms for 80 bucks(the new clothes cost added up to 480 bucks, so we did good there). The monthly cost is going to be a bitch though....oh well

TonyaO
by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 11:08 PM

I have a 11 yo dd and 12 yo ds, I plan to spend around $300 - $350 per kid this year.  I let the kids decide where they want to go shopping as they know how much money they have to spend and it's up to them to decide if they want to spend it on name brand or wal mart / k mart, or a combination of the above.  This year my daughter's shopping list ranges from Macy's and Aropostel (sp?) to Goodwill.  My son relies on my daughter to help him pick out his clothes so he'll probably go wherever she wants to go lol

BonitaM
by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 11:12 PM

I'm probably going to do $100-$200 this year.  We're kind of broke right now and her birthday is in Septmeber and I know she'll be getting lots of stuff. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN