Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quality toy brands??

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:03 AM
  • 6 Replies

Thinking ahead to Christmas...

If you are a Momma that shops for good quality toys rather than the coolest, newest toy, which brands do you look to and where do you shop at??

Just looking for some ideas. I would prefer U.S. or European made if anyone has any suggestions as to that. And for the most part we don't even buy toys that require batteries. 

baby

baby

baby

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:05 AM

I like alot of the wooden toy type of things.  ABC blocks, the beads you push around on a puzzle, etc.

Kaelansmom
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:06 AM

I get DS Thomas Toys... they are made by Learning Curve (I get him the diecast Take Along ones... they have their own tracks and all that)

I love Little Tykes and Fisher Price as well (Depending on the item)

I do most of my shopping at local stores in Mililani, the PX or the NEX.

JessRocks
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:09 AM

DD just got some Playmobil stuff for her birthday and loooovves it. I plan on getting her some more for Christmas.

tennisgal
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Quoting Kaelansmom:

I get DS Thomas Toys... they are made by Learning Curve (I get him the diecast Take Along ones... they have their own tracks and all that)

I love Little Tykes and Fisher Price as well (Depending on the item)

I do most of my shopping at local stores in Mililani, the PX or the NEX.

We have just about every Thomas style and those things have held up very well. My boys are terribly rough on toys (something we work on EVERYDAY) and these trains have survived for YEARS. No other toy has ever lasted years.

baby

baby

baby

ColieO
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:10 AM
I like Fisher Price. My mom still has almost all the old school stuff and its in great condition. Lol. Leapfrog is pretty good too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briana_paige
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Oh I want to know too. I hate buying toys and them breaking in a week or less. I've heard the melissa & doug toys are great. Oh, and what do some of ya'll think about the imaginext toys for boys? My SS has asked for some for Christmas and I was wondering if they hold up because they are a little pricey.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)