Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know if staples or best buy could help me?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:38 AM
  • 8 Replies

My spacebar is jacked up. It got torn off by DD and will go on for a sec but snaps off. I have to type slow and push the tiny button everytime. This won't work because I am a college student and constantly write essays. Does anyone know if staples or best buy could fix the one key for me? How much would they charge?

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lilblu399
by Tamika on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:41 AM

I did not know they did computer repair, I would say if you can find someone like less than 15 dollars, I'm guessing it is for your laptop, if it is for a desktop you can get a new keyboard probably for free on freecycle or on craigslist.

Brandy.B
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Unfortunately for my laptop.

Quoting lilblu399:

I did not know they did computer repair, I would say if you can find someone like less than 15 dollars, I'm guessing it is for your laptop, if it is for a desktop you can get a new keyboard probably for free on freecycle or on craigslist.

mmlzrl91
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Does you laptop have a warranty? If so you can call them and ask if they could fix it. Just a suggestion. If not Best Buy should be able to. Just call and ask.

mmlzrl91
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Or check your local phone book for PC repair shops.

Dorothy-BBY
by on Aug. 27, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Hey Brandy -

My suggestion actually, would be to ask at your local Best Buy for an estimate, however it more than likely might be pricy to fix unless you are covered by a protection plan. 

Have you thought of just adding an inexpensive keyboard, possibly wireless?  You could just hook it into your USB port and be good to go?

Hope this helps!~

halleys_mommy_1
by +Logan on Aug. 27, 2010 at 11:36 AM

alot of the time you just have to push.. HARD to get it back on. Turn off your laptop so it doenst freeze and then line it up and push.

allurasmamma
by on Aug. 27, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Look around for computer repair shops locally. Sometimes they will do it cheaper. Just price match.

cutebaby06
by Monica on Aug. 27, 2010 at 11:39 AM

That's what I did when Marissa tore off half my keyboard.A friend of Marissa's dad got me one of those plastic keyboards that fit over my keyboard.I'm telling you it worked pretty good.It was cheap too,like $15.00,$20.00.

Quoting Dorothy-BBY:

Hey Brandy -

My suggestion actually, would be to ask at your local Best Buy for an estimate, however it more than likely might be pricy to fix unless you are covered by a protection plan. 

Have you thought of just adding an inexpensive keyboard, possibly wireless?  You could just hook it into your USB port and be good to go?

Hope this helps!~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)