Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you or do you know someone who has...(also a vent of sorts)

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:50 AM
  • 126 Replies

Been on facebook or myspace or any of the such right after birth? Is it just me, because I really just don't get it. One of the girls I am friends with was on her facebook an hour after the birth of her son posting status about how she just had her baby??? I get that she has a smart-phone and all but even then WOW,  that was really the last thing on my mind after I had my son. First off I was pretty drugged up lol...c-section. Second, even when I did come around I wanted to see and spend time with my son. He was never out of my sight. We did the whole rooming in. Even after we got home I wasn't on myspace (which was what I had at the time) for weeks. I was too busy healing and spending time with my LO. My sister posted pictures of my son before I did lol. Of course I wanted to share how cute and great my son was but I wanted to spend time with him way more. Did you post pictures and such right after birth or know someone that did? If you did was there a particular reason? Like maybe out of town family you wanted to share with or something? just curious.

And yes I know she is able to do whatever she wants, it's her life lol I was just shocked that she was on an hour after giving birth. Then again I didn't have a vaginal birth so I wouldn't know what that is like. I was real groggy after the c-section.

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dusky_rose
by Sue on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:53 AM

I know that right after I gave birth that I wouldn't be posting anywhere and I did it vaginally. It was more important to me to be spending time bonding with baby.

Click above to join Motivate to Get in Shape!

bayliesmommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:55 AM
I posted about 12 hours after i had dd. Her stats, and that she was born with a tooth!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadesoflove
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:55 AM

That's what I thought too dusky_. I found it pretty strange. But that's just me, that's why i posted here, to get other views. I was especially surprised that it was only one hour after giving birth. That's an extreme addiction to facebook right there lol. 

jkleinman

It wasn't that hour, but a few hours later while she was sleeping I got on Facebook to make sure her dad knew, he is deployed to Iraq.

kltinsley

My cousin was giving graphic updates while in labor and afterward with her last baby.  Damn you Facebook, damn you! 

ColieO
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:56 AM
I texted friends while in labor. Lol.

If baby was in the nursery getting cleaned up or testing done I might.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadesoflove
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:57 AM

O wow a full tooth or just some of it coming through? Did you post from a laptop or like a phone? I'm sure you just wanted to share your LO arrival. What gets me about this girl is every couple minutes she was back on there commenting on a comment someone left. I kept think, what the heck, where is your baby? LOL

Quoting bayliesmommy:

I posted about 12 hours after i had dd. Her stats, and that she was born with a tooth!

shadesoflove
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:58 AM

See now that I can understand. That is completely awesome! Well not that he was away but that you got to share through facebook like that.

Quoting jkleinman:

It wasn't that hour, but a few hours later while she was sleeping I got on Facebook to make sure her dad knew, he is deployed to Iraq.

shadesoflove
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:58 AM

EWWWWW why in the world would she post that? Groddie lol

Quoting kltinsley:

My cousin was giving graphic updates while in labor and afterward with her last baby.  Damn you Facebook, damn you! 

AlyssaL
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:59 AM
with my son we didn't post pics right away, but he was an emergency c section and came right before midnight. hubs and I were both too exhausted, and smart phones ddn't real exist. with dd tho she was a planned c sect, and we e-mailed pics out within 2-3hrs to family, since they all live very far away. plus most of our close friends live far away, before kids hubs ann I both moved around a lot, lived on the other side of the world and what not. why does it seem so odd in this right now world we live in that people would want to share their babies with friends and family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)