Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Implanon

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:16 AM
  • 16 Replies

Who all has had it and what did ya think?

Im getting it this Friday and it just kinda freaks me out having something in my arm, I told my midwife im gonna name it lol.

Wife to Matt and Momma 2 1/2 yr old Latham James and our newest addition Lane Jason born in July!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazyangel_52
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:18 AM

my firend has one and one day she was playing with it, she was like look at this, u could see the end of it throught her arm when she pushed on it.

mrs.phillips123
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:20 AM

lol ya, my friend has one too and you can see it.

Quoting crazyangel_52:

my firend has one and one day she was playing with it, she was like look at this, u could see the end of it throught her arm when she pushed on it.

Wife to Matt and Momma 2 1/2 yr old Latham James and our newest addition Lane Jason born in July!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
LeasMama
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Bumping cause I'm thinking about getting it too.

TamlynM2B
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:21 AM

lol i love mine its REALLY weird for the first few weeks but then you hardly notice it. My dr said that i could spot everyday for 6mos but i had one heavy period then the next month just one day of spotting.

AirForceWife412
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:22 AM
I have it, I get cold and mine is sticks out. I absolutely hate this thing! Sorry I'm negative nancy right now. I hope you enjoy yours
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeasMama
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Spotting everyday for 6 months would suck.

Quoting TamlynM2B:

lol i love mine its REALLY weird for the first few weeks but then you hardly notice it. My dr said that i could spot everyday for 6mos but i had one heavy period then the next month just one day of spotting.

mrs.phillips123
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 2:08 AM
What all don't you like about it?

Quoting AirForceWife412:

I have it, I get cold and mine is sticks out. I absolutely hate this thing! Sorry I'm negative nancy right now. I hope you enjoy yours
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
texasgirl1611
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 3:03 AM

I've got it and personally i don't care for it.  It's not unbearable but some things are uncomfortable.   I have irregular periods.  Some have lasted between 7 days to 8 weeks (yes, daily i would spot. There were 3 whole days total that i was not bleeding on some level.)  On the other hand i can go 3 months without having a period.  It made me gain 20ish pounds.   I personally have always gained weight on bc though.  I think that I will be changing my form of bc in the future.  I think I will go with the depo shot.  I've been on that before and liked it a lot better.  Good luck though.  From what i understand it effects each person different.  some have absolutely no probs what so ever. 

funny    

TGSPCharmNeckers.gif picture by fooferann

MunchiesMom324
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Oh god... you like the depo shot more than implanon?  I just came off Depo and was considering Implanon... now I don't know...

northernmommy
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 11:20 AM

i've had it since February. so far no side effects, but my Dr. did tell me that women tend to go one of two ways either they bleed alot (which she said she could prescribe something to stop) or you don't bleed at all and so far i havn't bled. she said it does make a difference as to your weight or if you've gotten your period back after having a baby. the Implanon had the least negative feedback that i could find while i was doing my research so it was the choice i went with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)