Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Waking up @ 4:30 AM!

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:52 AM
  • 11 Replies

how do I get my 8 month old to stop waking up @ 4:30AM to nurse?. (Sometimes ts 5:30 AM)  Its starting to kill me!  she used to sleep from 930/10pm till 8 AM.  ?now shes waking up @ 4:30ish, nursing & then up for the day at 7AM

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whitedove34
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:04 AM

a extra nap in the afternoon, will make him stay up later, then he`ll sleep later.

daughterofearth
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:06 AM

well. what time do you put her to bed? try putting her to bed later and giving her some oatmeal before bed (full tummy, sleep better) why is she waking up? is she hungrey, wet diaper? or does she just wake up?

MelaniesMama
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Keeping her up later does get her to sleep later. tried it! lol
We were putting her to bed @ 10.  But that wasnt working she would get super crabby the last hr before bed time.  So we have started puttng her to bed at nine.  nothing has changed with her waking up.
We also feed her solids before be, but havent ever given her oatmeal. we'll give it a try

MelaniesMama
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:14 PM

BUMP!

MelaniesMama
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 2:08 PM

BUMP!

MomX04
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Maybe she is getting ready for a growth spurt.

1stTimeMama2010
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 2:12 PM

You know that your baby can make it threw the night so when she wakes up just rock her back to sleep. Don't feed. That is what I did with my son when he decided he wasn't sleeping threw the night again. After three nights he was back to sleeping threw.

Hisservent
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 2:14 PM

sounds like it. Does she eat 3 meals a day, like the foods? I think when my son was 8 months, he ate oatmeal with fruit for breakfast, fruit and veggie for lunch, fruit and veggie for dinner and nursed in between. He went to bed at 9 and got up at 6:30.  By 9 months I dried up so he was eating 3 meals plus 3 snacks and drinking whole milk.

Quoting MomX04:

All I have, all I am, all I ever will be, is because of you, Lord! I am crucified with Christ, therefore I no longer live. Jesus Christ now lives in me! I am a 100% pro-life, wife,  Christian, recyclin, natural products usin, vaccinatin, non co-sleepin, breastfeedin, CIO method usin, organic milk givin, coffee drinkin, dog lovin, schedule stickin to, vitamin givin/takin, soy candle burnin, as Green as I can get, SAHM of 2.

MelaniesMama
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 2:15 PM

BUMP!

MelaniesMama
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 2:17 PM

No, she doesnt eat 3 'meals' a day.  she gets baby food in the afternoon. (like lunch). and then baby food at bed time.  And we give her whatever we are eating as a meal, but its more like a snack

Quoting Hisservent:

sounds like it. Does she eat 3 meals a day, like the foods? I think when my son was 8 months, he ate oatmeal with fruit for breakfast, fruit and veggie for lunch, fruit and veggie for dinner and nursed in between. He went to bed at 9 and got up at 6:30.  By 9 months I dried up so he was eating 3 meals plus 3 snacks and drinking whole milk.

Quoting MomX04:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)