Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bedroom painting help

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:38 AM
  • 14 Replies

we just moved into our new home 2 months ago and still putting the final touches in place. here is a pic of our curtains and new bed set (got it on sale at kohls for $129! and earned $20 to use next week.) 

what color do you think would look best on the walls?  

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:40 AM

I love darker colored walls. And actually love the dark red on your bedspread so I would do that color just because I love it. lol

1busymomma03
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:41 AM

I would go with a neutral shade...brown or tan. That way you can change your bedding in the future for a totally different look without having to repaint the whole room.

nandbsmom
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:43 AM

A KHAKI COLOR.

mom_of_2monkeys
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:44 AM

i like the red too! im worried it might be overkill with the red though. maybe a shade or two lighter. lol maybe i should have made a poll.

Quoting sheena696:

I love darker colored walls. And actually love the dark red on your bedspread so I would do that color just because I love it. lol

Rhyne
A chocolate brown or red.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal

I think a dark chocolate brown on just the bottom half would look awesome and maybe just white on top?

mom_of_2monkeys
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:45 AM

that would be practical. especially since i cant imagine dh painting again for a long time!

Quoting 1busymomma03:

I would go with a neutral shade...brown or tan. That way you can change your bedding in the future for a totally different look without having to repaint the whole room.

ILive4This
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:46 AM

How big is your room?   I wouldn't go too dark, if it's a small room...it will look smaller.    I would got with some sort of beige....maybe one accent wall in a darker brown, or red?   You should do color more in accessories, not wall color...that should stay more neutral.  Pretty bedding :-)

nikki111
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:49 AM

We painted (still painting) our living room a dark red color. I loved the idea of it! However I guess I didn't think about it beforehand or do any research. I didn't realize HOW MUCH paint would be needed. If you are going to go with red I HIGHLY recommend using a gray primer first. Red just soaked right into our pretty white walls.

I think a brown would look amazing with that set though, and is very neutral so should you change your decor mood, you don't have to go on a quest to find something that will match an odd color choice :) (been there).  I would say something in between the dark brown and a neutral shade, like the lighter one on the set, would look amazing!!

Best of luck with it all! We've been in our home for about three years and the only two rooms that are officially painted and the way we like them are our son's room, and the dining room. We have started the living room but only have two walls, and given the red issues we are contemplating a second color for the other half that will compliment the red, lol. 

mom_of_2monkeys
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:50 AM

thanks, i didnt think of that. the room is on the smaller side.

Quoting ILive4This:

How big is your room?   I wouldn't go too dark, if it's a small room...it will look smaller.    I would got with some sort of beige....maybe one accent wall in a darker brown, or red?   You should do color more in accessories, not wall color...that should stay more neutral.  Pretty bedding :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)