Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babywearing Mamas (Moby Wrap Help) (kinda long)

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:44 AM
  • 4 Replies

I have been wearing my son (now 2 1/2) since the day we brought him home from the hospital. I love carrying him on my back, but the two ways I am familiar involve wrapping around your stomach. I am 24 weeks pregnant and my although the baby bump isn't very big, if there is something against my belly, Speck (our baby's nickname for now) tends to punch and kick, and just doesn't seem comfortable. This in turn makes me uncomfortable.

Is there anyone who has been in a similar situation? Are there any suggestions out there? I have a WAHM wrap that is made from polyester, exactly like the moby. I gave my moby away when my son got a little older and got this one instead because its more breathable and he seemed to like it more as he got bigger. I am thinking of going back to another Moby, I plan on buying one for our new one anyways. I am just getting frustrated and do not want to give up wearing our son. We are going back home for my husband's leave (about to deploy) and we are going to be going to a lot of outdoor events and activities. They aren't always the best for strollers, and our son loves to "hang out" on our backs and sides. An no brainer would be to just wear him as long as he is content, but I am not sure if I can anymore :( HELP PLEASE!!!!

Thanks in advance Mamas!

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MarchMarie
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:50 AM

have DH wear him? Get a hip carrier?

IDK, I stopped wearing my son when he got to be 30lbs... he was about 10-11 mnths...

nikki111
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:58 AM

I guess my little man is on the small side?? He's around 27lbs now. Not at all uncomfortable weight wise. Just hard to figure out a hold that I can wear comfortably. My husband loves to wear him, I just like being able to hold him still, especially when DH isn't home, and when he deploys it will be and the little dude only. He deploys in October and won't be here for the birth. So I am trying to make sure our DS is included in everything and understands what is going on, doesn't feel left out, etc. With him on me, he is happy and likes to feel his baby brother, lol. Just trying to figure out if something will work...

Thank you for your reply. I know a lot of other moms who wore their little ones, but stopped around a year.

Quoting MarchMarie:

have DH wear him? Get a hip carrier?

IDK, I stopped wearing my son when he got to be 30lbs... he was about 10-11 mnths...

i.heart.rachel
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Youtube will show you how to do back wraps! :) Hip carriers are nice. And if he's heavy you don't really need to carry him so much while pregnant, kwim?

nikki111
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:11 AM

I love the youtube videos available, but all the ones I can find have the ties go around the waist. Like i said, he's not very heavy at all, he's only 27lbs. I don't plan on carrying my entire pregnancy, but while it is still comfortable for both of us, I like to. 

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

Youtube will show you how to do back wraps! :) Hip carriers are nice. And if he's heavy you don't really need to carry him so much while pregnant, kwim?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)