Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would u be a 10?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:53 AM
  • 7 Replies
Watching Minute to Win it last night with BF...it had the beauty pageant winners from all over. We get on the subject of rating scales...how people rate someone else from 1-10. Well my BF says on the "guys" rating scale that I would be considered a 7...but if I worked out more I could possibly be an 8. THEN he says on his scale, I am a 10 cuz he knows me and my personality. He says any guy who tells his woman she is a 10 on the "guys" scale, is lying to her...but of course on a personal scale, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Being who I am, I have very high standards and feel my bf is a 6 regardless of knowing him and look at myself as a 4...needing major improvement.
Anywho, any of you other ladies ever discuss this before with your SO?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
dbldogdare
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:54 AM

I don't think he would tell me anything but a 10 and I know I'm not. Let's find out though. lol

MomX04
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:56 AM

LOL I'm a real woman with a real both, far from a 10 but I'm perfectly fine with how I am, otherwise I'd get off my butt and exercise with hubby when he goes in the garage to do his running and weights everyday.

eta: he does say I could use some toning up but he doesn't make an issue out of it and yeah he's right I could but the winter will get her eventually.  I'm not killing myself in that hot ass garage for a few inches.

.kk.
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Wow...I wouldn't be with anyone who didn't think I was a 10 on a 'guys scale' and I don't understand how the 'guys scale' is different from the 'personal scale'.

Do women have  a 'chicks scale' and a 'personal scale'?

I think the whole conversation sounds pretty douchebaggerist if you ask me.

marissaj125
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:00 AM

i asked him, he smiled and said i was OVER 9,000!  lol  that quote is getting old. but i believe i am an 8.5. thats at least a B. lol

dbldogdare
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:15 AM

"I’m going with 8.3 – bonus points for being low maintenance, but demerits for being crazy." from my dh

3krazzykidz
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:56 PM
I wasn't sure why there are two scales either. He is a pretty apathetic and blunt person; highly opinionated and likes what he likes.
He likes long hair and if I were to cute it he wouldn't "like" me the same (wouldn't be as attractive to him is what he says). So maybe it's just "his" scales. He swears this is how all guys rate their SO and other women but don't have the balls to be honest.

Quoting .kk.:

Wow...I wouldn't be with anyone who didn't think I was a 10 on a 'guys scale' and I don't understand how the 'guys scale' is different from the 'personal scale'.

Do women have  a 'chicks scale' and a 'personal scale'?

I think the whole conversation sounds pretty douchebaggerist if you ask me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3krazzykidz
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:56 PM
Bump!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)